No Trim Brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Really

I no ascared.

Mustard and pickle juice for binder. All over.
ntb.JPG

My own rub.
ntb1.jpg

Toss it together.
ntb2.jpg

One un trimmed brisket. I did wash it and pat it dry.
ntb3.JPG

Rub the entire brisket with the mustard/pickle juice and apply the rub to all sides and ends.
ntb4.JPG

Both sides and the fat cap.
ntb5.JPG

Had the pellet pooper pre heating at 275* and on the center rack, fat cap up and point closer to the firepot. Check in 5 hours.
ntb6.JPG

Thats a great looking brisket but I have never had 1 lacking fat like that 1, somebody somewhere done some trimming, wish I could score a few like that. I would have cut that brown fat off though lol

Nice start. I don’t trim either unless the fat and such is just ridiculous. Just cook them to probe tender and enjoy.

I'm tagging along for the ride.

Chris

Daughter is working lots of hours so this brisket is for them

Wrapped when the point was at 163, fat cap still up.
Took from smoker at 201 and let rest for an hour.
ntb8.jpg

ntb9.jpg

First cut was in half where the point and flat meet.
ntb10.JPG

Flat sliced pretty good, nice and moist.
ntb11.jpg

Point was slicing good until the last few inches where it just started to shred but its all good.
ntb12.jpg

Taking to daughters later, Was still hot this morning in the container.
ntb13.jpg

Yes I will do more untrimmed briskets.

Man that is gorgeous! You did good. How did the fat do rendering down? From the first pic it didnt look to have a ton of fat to start with.

Jim

Man that is gorgeous! You did good. How did the fat do rendering down? From the first pic it didnt look to have a ton of fat to start with.

Jim
Drip pan this morning was half full. I was thinking it would have overflowed.

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky