He wanted brisket…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
The head of housekeeping at my side gig got a sampling of the brisket flats I had taken for the ladies I work with there. He asked me to do a whole brisket for him. Our schedules worked out to do it this weekend.
IMG_1532.jpeg
Found a 16 pounder at Sam’s.
trimmed it up and a liberal coating of Kinders Salt, Pepper, Garlic rub with a worsty sauce binder.
IMG_1534.jpeg
onto the smoker for a over night ride at 225 degrees with a liberal handful of mesquite chips and a couple chunks of pecan for smoke. Will update as I go.

Jim

IMG_1543.jpeg
13.5 hr cook. Flat went to almost 210 degrees before it probes tender. Passed the jiggle test. It’s now in the oven set at 170 degrees for a nice rest til it’s time to deliver.
And heres a pic of me and my grandson, Tucker, talking over the finer points of smoking a brisket. My dad took this yesterday during our family Christmas at my brothers house.
IMG_1037.jpeg

I’ll get Taylor to send me some sliced pics when he cuts it.
Thanks for checking in.

Jim

Loved the brisket pic Jim, but that pic with your grandson is priceless!
But be honest, pretty sure the words coming from you were... " now Tucker, to be a really good enabler, you need to..."

Have a Merry Christmas!

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Nice work a some great pics Jim !
And looks like Tucker has more hair than his pappy 😆 Making those memories man. Gotta love it !
I sure miss seeing mine this weekend but next Saturday is the plan for us now.

Keith

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
The head of housekeeping at my side gig got a sampling of the brisket flats I had taken for the ladies I work with there. He asked me to do a whole brisket for him. Our schedules worked out to do it this weekend.
View attachment 684056
Found a 16 pounder at Sam’s.
trimmed it up and a liberal coating of Kinders Salt, Pepper, Garlic rub with a worsty sauce binder.
View attachment 684057
onto the smoker for a over night ride at 225 degrees with a liberal handful of mesquite chips and a couple chunks of pecan for smoke. Will update as I go.

Jim
standing by

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky