Brisket - Kettle Style

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You know your way around the kettle well, and it will turn out delicious, I'm sure.

My daddy had a saying about experts. He didn't originate it, though. .... "An expert is someone who comes know more and more about less and less until they know nothing about anything".
That's me LOL, Jack of all trades master of nothing. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Chris

Final installment - So I let it rest for about 2hrs in the unheated oven. Then I broke out the electric knife and tore into it. I really need to buy a good brisket knife. Outside of a couple of teeth marks from the serrated blades I think it came out pretty darn good. Taste was fantastic. Even my wife went back and snuck another piece when I went to the bathroom. I caught her taking the last bite. I wish we didn't eat fish-n-chips earlier or I would have eaten more than I did.

Post rest:
DSC05228.JPG

Some of the sliced flat:
DSC05230.JPG

I save three thicker slices of the point for hash.
DSC05236.JPG

and cubed up the rest of the point for burnt ends. Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day before the rain starts on Thursday. So I'll get these on the kettle in the afternoon.
DSC05233.JPG

Thanks for staying with me on this one. I think this will be my last tag-along thread. I'll go back to posting the old fashion way when the cook is completed. This way is to much work.

Chris

These kind of post are more work true. But, I sure do like following along and living vicariously. Especially when the finish product looks that darn good!

Jim

Reactions: gmc2003
These kind of post are more work true. But, I sure do like following along and living vicariously. Especially when the finish product looks that darn good!

Jim
Thanks Jim, This will probably be the last tag-along thread for me(until the next one). I just felt like I was dragging it out. At least the results were a success with the family.
Looks excellant Chris
Appreciate it Jim, it was one of my better briskets.

Reactions: JLeonard
Looks great! I always say... if I was going to have one cooker it would be the Weber Kettle. Such a versatile and amazing cooker. With capability and price combined... I don't think you can beat it!

Looks great Chris, I have never done a brisket, that might have to change. Although I don't think that I would chance it on the 22" kettle, probably on the MB gravity feed.

Well I'm not usually a big fan of tag-along threads, but I thought I'd try one and see how it goes.
And I'm not usually a big fan of following them but for you I'll make an exception :emoji_wink: That is one fine looking brisket Chris. gotta admit, it was kind of a fun ride. Glad I tagged along buddy. Was well worth the trip.
The sky is blue and the ambient temp is sizzling 58*
Oh hush!! :emoji_laughing:

Robert

Looks great! I always say... if I was going to have one cooker it would be the Weber Kettle. Such a versatile and amazing cooker. With capability and price combined... I don't think you can beat it!
Thanks 3Grill. Couldn't agree more. Indirect, high-heat, LnS, spinning it basically does it all.

Looks great Chris, I have never done a brisket, that might have to change. Although I don't think that I would chance it on the 22" kettle, probably on the MB gravity feed.
Appreciate it Cliff. The MB would be easier, but the 22" could do it using the snake and rotating the grate as the charcoal burns. I think chopsaw chopsaw Rich has done it. He's an expert using the snake.

Chris

And I'm not usually a big fan of following them but for you I'll make an exception :emoji_wink: That is one fine looking brisket Chris. gotta admit, it was kind of a fun ride. Glad I tagged along buddy. Was well worth the trip.

Oh hush!! :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Thanks Robert, Tag along threads remind me of television shows. They give you a glimpse/teaser of the content. Followed by a bunch of commercials, and then a little more content. Then you're disappointed if the conclusion isn't included in that day's episode. It's even worse if you have to wait a week for the series finale.

That there is a nice looking briskit.
Appreciate it BGKY.

Chris

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Stupid question for you Chris. Would you rather have a 26" Kettle, or a 22" Smokey Mountain? Just curious. Thanks for posting your brisket.. looks awesome!

Thanks IH, I haven't used my 22" WSM for a couple of years. It's basically collecting dust. The 26" kettle gets used almost weekly. So for me and what I smoke it's a no brainer - 26" kettle all the way.

Chris

Reactions: IH 1026 and chopsaw
Sorry for the late response, this one snuck by me. I have been on and off lately , lots going on here .

Very nice Chris, I'm with you about the broken up posts ( I mean when I do them, not reading them ) I get confused easy ... but I am old lol.

Very nice Brisket, can tell how juicy on the sliced pictures, yum.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky