Frozen steak? No problem

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

crankybuzzard

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 4, 2014
Montague County, TX
Yesterday was my Friday so I had a beverage or 2 and decided I wanted a steak. Well, they were all frozen, so I cooked one anyway.

IMG_4956.jpeg

I was out in the shop so the hot plate and skillet were pulled out, added a little butter to the pan, once it was hot I added the frozen steak. Retired Spook Retired Spook thats some of the brangus I was talking about.

IMG_4958.jpeg

I let that sizzle for a few minutes and then flipped it over so I could season it.
IMG_4960.jpeg

I love the Uncle Chris seasoning on a steak.

After the IT hit 127° I pulled it, let it rest while I made another drink, and then I sliced and dined. I ate it straight from the cutting board!
IMG_4966.jpeg

IMG_4968.jpeg

I know the picture quality isn’t great, but I was in the shop and the photographer had imbibed a bit.

Yesterday was my Friday so I had a beverage or 2 and decided I wanted a steak. Well, they were all frozen, so I cooked one anyway.

View attachment 685530

I was out in the shop so the hot plate and skillet were pulled out, added a little butter to the pan, once it was hot I added the frozen steak. Retired Spook Retired Spook thats some of the brangus I was talking about.

View attachment 685531

I let that sizzle for a few minutes and then flipped it over so I could season it.
View attachment 685532

After the IT hit 127° I pulled it, let it rest while I made another drink, and then I sliced and dined. I ate it straight from the cutting board!
View attachment 685533
View attachment 685534

I know the picture quality isn’t great, but I was in the shop and the photographer had imbibed a bit.
I would chow that down in a minute, thanks for the idea. I have about 30 frozen ribeys at the moment.

Friday is our steak night also.I actually need to go pull them out of the freezer.

Looks good from here CB.

Point for sure
Chris

I've only heard of folks cooking meat from a frozen state - haven't tried it myself yet...but you're making me want to try it Cranky! That looks tasty from here!

What cocktail goes best with Brangus Ribeye?

I had a couple bourbons and seven myself last night!

Red

Reactions: JLeonard

View attachment 685530

View attachment 685531

View attachment 685532

View attachment 685533
View attachment 685534

That is nice looking steak! :emoji_thumbsup:

I've only heard of folks cooking meat from a frozen state - haven't tried it myself yet...but you're making me want to try it Cranky! That looks tasty from here!

What cocktail goes best with Brangus Ribeye?

I had a couple bourbons and seven myself last night!

Red
Last night it was TX Whiskey, tonight I'll be leaning towards Crown or Maker's. I may need more red meat, not sure yet.

Yep, it works great...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky