NEWIE HELP!! Masterbuilt Vertical LP Gas Smoker vs Masterbuilt Cookmaster Propane Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

levisdaddy

Original poster
Dec 23, 2012
I am about to purchase my first ever smoker, and I require immediate help with my purchase. 

Masterbuilt Vertical LP Gas Smoker vs Masterbuilt Cookmaster Propane Smoker

is there a difference in these two? Or do sites just list them as one or the other. The latter seems to be aprox. 40$ more; sears has the LP for about $140 and another site has the cookmaster for $180. Other than the color difference and look of the temp knob is one better or wildly different than the other? I have never smoked meats before and am greatly looknf forward to starting. Any help would be appreciated as I am about to place my order now. Much thanks, and to future smoke outs,

Levisdaddy

The two smokers you cited, look real close to being the same....  btu's, shelf space.... all the same.....  Take a look at the wide body.... for a few bucks more... lots of room to smoke stuff..  you might want that later.... I know my MES 30 is small enough I wish I had the MES 40.....  

When it comes to smoking stuff, bigger is better to a certain point....  Dave

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky