Newbie to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cgul629

Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
South Florida
Hello SMF,

I joined the forum yesterday after reading & lurking for a few days. I'm brand new to smoking - the next meat I smoke will be my first - but I love pork ribs and pulled pork, so I want to try my hand at smoking.

I plan on buying a smoker in the next couple weeks, but am still trying to decide between a charcoal smoker (WSM) or an electric. Given my current living situation (renting) there are some specific pros/cons to each that I need to weight out before I make a final decision.

I'm planning to smoke some chicken and/or ABTs as trial runs before I try any pork in the smoker. Any other "forgiving" items I should consider smoking as I'm getting started?

I'll post my location when my profile allows, but I am in the south Florida/West Palm Beach area.

Thanks,

Craig 

Hi Craig! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 45,000 members who just love to share their experience and over 900,000 posts describing it! The search bar at the top can be your best friend when you are trying to find answers to your questions but you can still ask too if you want!

Your profile should allow you to add your location right now, if you have any problems let me know.

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-Course, it will teach you all the basics plus a whole lot more!

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!  Glad you decided to joined us!

If you need help roaming around the forums...just shout!  Will be glad to help out!

Kat

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky