New Twist To An Old Smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks-Great.gif

I like the door design

Thanks guys. Gonna work on the actual doors here in a bit . Gonna order some 1/2 by 1/8 Nomex to adhere to the flat door frames, should seal up pretty good. I hope.

I will prolly end up making a new grate eventually but with so much left to do just going to use the stock ones for now. Can anyone tell me how far above the reverse flow plate should the grate be? The way it sits now its an inch above the highest end of the taper and 3 above the lowest. Just seems too close but I'm not sure.

I will prolly end up making a new grate eventually but with so much left to do just going to use the stock ones for now. Can anyone tell me how far above the reverse flow plate should the grate be? The way it sits now its an inch above the highest end of the taper and 3 above the lowest. Just seems too close but I'm not sure.
Anyone?

Johnny, I'd guess at 3"+.... Never done a test concerning distance between RF plate and food rack....     Dave

Just stumbled across this one today. Spent my whole lunch hour reading and understanding everything you've done. Its a great post/thread. I had to post so I get notifications when you add more here, that and wanted to give you props! I'm an electric fridge conversion guy but this thing has me thinking I need to build another smoker.

In your first post you asked "how do you guys lay up your smoker for modifications?" my answer to that is, you need a second/back-up smoker!!!

Keep us posted on your progress!

-Josh

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky