New to smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigsteve12

Original poster
Jan 3, 2017
Hello everyone
Did a butt yesterday left it in for about 10 hours (7 pounder) put rub on it . My mes 30 work great here in Woodstock Illinois. Going to have it for dinner tonight

Welcome from SC, Steve. It's good to have you here on this really great site. Sounds like you're off to a great start with that butt.

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and chilly day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of          great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

what i would recommend for the new  people just starting  in this hobby is to forget all the fancy toys for a while and learn 

the old fashion way before trying to put a piece of meat on the smoker and going on vacation to the Bahamas for two weeks and then returning  and having it for supper on the night of your return ( there are guys here that can tell you how to do just that but your not ready to do that just yet)

after all i didn't get a pilots license by sitting in a fighter jet the 1st couple of hundred hours, i started in a basic striped down little airplane

and went from there,  

there will be time  later to figure out if you want to play with the latest toys or cook good BBQ but the beginning is  not the time

learn the old school way and then decide how you want to proceed ...to much information leads to a lot of ruined meat

keep it simple for awhile    

Reactions: bigsteve12
I would do something else this week but the weather is -14 today and all next week it will be 0 or below. Great to live in Illinois

Doing a 10# brisket tonight . The weather is going to be around 29 tonight already put some rub on going to let it sit in the fridge until 1100 tonight

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky