New Smoker/Sausage/Salami maker from Western NC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rickkidd

Original poster
Dec 9, 2023
I have been smoking for a while, but recently have ventured into sausage making and am now trying to cure salami. I LOVE salami, so naturally I wanted to make my own. Looking forward to getting some insight from the group. So many questions, one failed attempt (maybe second developing) so looking for some wisdom.

Welcome to SMF from Southeast Missouri! While sausages aren't something I've done a whole lot of, there are plenty of fine folks here who have.

I have been smoking for a while, but recently have ventured into sausage making and am now trying to cure salami. I LOVE salami, so naturally I wanted to make my own. Looking forward to getting some insight from the group. So many questions, one failed attempt (maybe second developing) so looking for some wisdom.
Welcome R rickkidd , I ventured out to curing my own bacon and making sausages and salamis as well with the help of my good friend tx smoker tx smoker and recently have delved into making Biltong which actually came out pretty darn good! You'll find lots of great posts here and recipes too so feel free to ask questions if you can't find the answers you're looking for. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard! Your in good hands! There are some sausage and salami gurus on here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky