New Masterbuilt Gravity models coming

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
More detailed info here on the Gravity Series XT

https://www.cookoutnews.com/masterbuilt-previews-two-new-smart-charcoal-grills-for-2024/

Features and Specs​

• Retail price of $1,499 – Will be available in April 2024 at Masterbuilt.com
  • The hopper will hold 12 lbs of lump charcoal or 18 lbs of briquettes, for up to 14 hours of cook time
  • Improved fuel saving hopper that provides better moisture and heat retention to give 33% longer burn time than other Gravity Series grills
  • Full body grease tray that pulls out from the side of the grill
  • Has 4 levels of cooking space for up to 1,260 square inches of cooking space
  • Stainless steel cooking grates
  • Includes 2 meat probes and has capacity for 4
  • 3-year warranty

Reactions: JLeonard
And porcelain lined cook chamber with SS grates. And with a 3 yr warranty I'll be standing in line ! Need more space for the comp cooks and this should be a great addition!

Keith

I spent the bucks for an Assassin 17 last summer, if this had been available it would've made the decision very tough. And considering the $1500 price diff between the two, I probably would've gone with this MB.

I just got tired of waiting for a GF like this.

I spent the bucks for an Assassin 17 last summer, if this had been available it would've made the decision very tough. And considering the $1500 price diff between the two, I probably would've gone with this MB.

I just got tired of waiting for a GF like this.
I think you made the right choice. $1,500 is kind of crazy for a Masterbuilt product. Not sure a porcelain cook chamber or 3 year warranty is worth that kind of cash. I'm sure the warranty does't cover the cook chamber rotting out. If it's actually thicker metal than my 560 then maybe. Your Assassin will last a lifetime.

I would want to see one in person, and the way the article speaks, it sounds like they'll only be offered direct from MB.

I wanna see the thickness of steel in the firebox. How heavy the smoker is. But they've addressed some of the " cheapness " that I saw in my 560, like the rubber gaskets on the hopper and firebox.

And the truth is, the MB560 had better air flow than my Assassin. There was far more smoke/air coming out of the 560 than this Assassin.

Now, I'm an air flow freak. I real believer. And its not just because Aaron Franklin says air flow is important. I believe in the reasons behind air flow being important that he states and that I've learned. I think its not a lot different than the diff between convection and conventional kitchen ovens. Air flow creates convection and that's a far more efficient transfer of heat and I think that also applies to smoke.

But the downside to strong air flow in the MB is it uses a lot of charcoal. And I see they've addressed fuel usage. So that may change. The Assassin hardly uses charcoal compared to the MB560.

I've window shopped a number of the 'last forever' gravity grills, but the forced air component seems to be a second thought if it's even an option. Smokin Okie Smokin Okie are you using the pitmaster iq or something similar with your Assassin already?

Masterbuilt Customer Service Sucks!! Until they fix their service modeI it doesn't matter what new or exciting product they come up with if they cannot service the customer. I have had the Gravity 800 for 9 months and was loving it until my controller went out. Now it doesn’t work and it sits on my back deck as a big boat anchor.

Masterbuilt has discontinued personal customer service (voice to voice) they do not have a "call in support" model everything is done non-personal... all online and it’s a difficult nightmarish process to navigate. I had mega issues just filing a warranty registration. They only give you 10mb of file space to upload your requested pics. Once I was finally able to figure out how to meet their draconian standards you get a support team that is less than friendly.

I submitted a warranty claim (that took about an hour to finally execute) they came back with a response two days later letting me know that they were sorry I had a problem but the controller is on back order and they cannot tell me how long it will take before they will be able to get the part in. Okay.... well what does this mean.... The 4th of never??? Very frustrating and when I looked up reviews on Google there were instances where customers have been waiting for months for their parts.

Because of their lack of service capabilities I would discourage anyone to buy from Masterbuilt.

This is too bad because I really liked the grill but I think their service is very questionable and unacceptable. MB needs to be customer centric and fix their customer service and if they don't it doesn't make any logical sense of buying anything from them. You can go out and buy a boat anchor at any marine supply store for a lot less money.

Reactions: larryfoster
When the GF series was first introduced, there were many here who replaced the controller with a Fireboard.

Yes, an additional investment. But ya get a better, more reliable controller, according to those who made the switch.

When the GF series was first introduced, there were many here who replaced the controller with a Fireboard.

Yes, an additional investment. But ya get a better, more reliable controller, according to those who made the switch.
Same with the MES. Many have switched to PIDs (especially Auber). Like you said it's an additional investment but the return is well worth it

Masterbuilt Customer Service Sucks!! Until they fix their service modeI it doesn't matter what new or exciting product they come up with if they cannot service the customer. I have had the Gravity 800 for 9 months and was loving it until my controller went out. Now it doesn’t work and it sits on my back deck as a big boat anchor.

Masterbuilt has discontinued personal customer service (voice to voice) they do not have a "call in support" model everything is done non-personal... all online and it’s a difficult nightmarish process to navigate. I had mega issues just filing a warranty registration. They only give you 10mb of file space to upload your requested pics. Once I was finally able to figure out how to meet their draconian standards you get a support team that is less than friendly.

I submitted a warranty claim (that took about an hour to finally execute) they came back with a response two days later letting me know that they were sorry I had a problem but the controller is on back order and they cannot tell me how long it will take before they will be able to get the part in. Okay.... well what does this mean.... The 4th of never??? Very frustrating and when I looked up reviews on Google there were instances where customers have been waiting for months for their parts.

Because of their lack of service capabilities I would discourage anyone to buy from Masterbuilt.

This is too bad because I really liked the grill but I think their service is very questionable and unacceptable. MB needs to be customer centric and fix their customer service and if they don't it doesn't make any logical sense of buying anything from them. You can go out and buy a boat anchor at any marine supply store for a lot less money.
I was never able to get a response or reply from MB for warranty service on my 560.
I bought all my own parts from Amazon and figured it out, eventually.

I was never able to get a response or reply from MB for warranty service on my 560.
I bought all my own parts from Amazon and figured it out, eventually.
I had multiple issues with my first to market 560 but they supplied all the parts every time and including way past the warranty period.
Only complaints I had was the poor design on the door lid open/closed switches and sometimes the parts were slow to arrive.
On the switches I ended up cutting them out of the wire harness and just shunted the two wire ends together to tell the controller that the doors were always closed.
Problem solved, no more bad switch problems.

I have a Kamado Joe and now an MES40 for sausage. Would like to replace the Joe with a Gravity Fed, but I'm scared of investing too much in MB as the reviews are horrible. I feel like I just bought a little metal box that I'm now going to have to invest more in a PID. Gonna be tough to get me to spend more with MB.

I had very little trouble with my 560. Did have to replace the switches. And I always wondered if it was gonna start or last through a cook, but all but one time it always did.

If I had not bought the Assassin, I'd be very interested in this new one.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky