New from North Jersey

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salisboss

Fire Starter
Original poster
Apr 7, 2018
Hi all. I got a single door Masterbuilt Propane Smoker for Christmas and ready to go. I have already ordered a needle valve and gasket material to upgrade it. Hope to season it tomorrow and do some brisket this weekend. Have already learned a lot and am excited to get going.

Congratulations on the new smoker. That's a pretty ambitious first smoke - good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to the site.
Chris

Welcome to SMF!
Congrats on the new smoker!
Be sure to take some photo's of your first smoke!
Al

Congratulations on the new smoker. That's a pretty ambitious first smoke - good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Welcome to the site.
Chris
What would be easier to do first? To me the brisket instructions seem easy. Smoke unwrapped at 225 until 160F then wrap in foil until 190-205 then take out and let sit for a while until ready to eat.

Welcome to SMF I agree Brisket is a big step,you have to learn how to control the temps in that new smoker.I would do a pork butt or some chicken leg quarters IMHO
Richie

Reactions: salisboss
What would be easier to do first? To me the brisket instructions seem easy. Smoke unwrapped at 225 until 160F then wrap in foil until 190-205 then take out and let sit for a while until ready to eat.

Richie has you covered here as far as easier. Pork butt is very forgiving and chicken is a shorter inexpensive first smoke.
Until you have some idea on how your smoker works I'd stick to the less expensive cuts or more forgiving smokes. Brisket directions are pretty cut and dry, but it's a temperamental hunk of meat that can go bad quickly. It's also a more expensive cut of meat at least in my part of the country. Let us know what you decide and how it turns out. Lot's of folks here are very successful with briskets and lots are not quite as successful.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky