my venison dinner..........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bob1961

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 15, 2010
lackawaxen, PA.
here's my first try when i got my new char-broil smoker/grill with some venison....marinated it overnight with my own blend of junk and a dry rub before the heat....

after bout an hour over a coal heat with no flare ups but at the last 5 minutes each side when i added some hichory sticks to char it....

it left a very nice coat of char bout an 1/8" think overall and after sitting for 20 minutes before slicing it come out looking like this....

the juice that ran from it wasn't bloody at all and served as a great gravy/juice over the sliced venison with the rest of the meal with fresh string beans from the garden and home made butter garlic noodles........bob

Fit for a king I say.. Great job.. I'll have a deer tag in my wallet this fall when I am up poking around for elk. Hopefully I'll see some nice juicy does
icon_mrgreen.gif

Good looking venison. I prefer mine a little pinker in the middle, but as long as it doesn't get dry it's all good.
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky