**My try at Rivastrami**

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here ya go I got it from Rivets post but here is a copy

3 1/2 Cups Water (I used distilled from a jug in the fridge)
4 TBSP Juniper Berries
4 TBSP Black Peppercorns
2 TBSP Mustard Seeds
1 TBSP Coriander Seeds
2 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TSP Garlic Powder
1 TBSP Fennel Seed (didn't crush these seeds)
1 TBSP Whole Rosemary Leaves
2 TBSP McCormick Pickling Spice
About 5 or 6 Mexican Bay Leaves
2 TBSP TenderQuick

THE RUB~

3 TBSP Coarse Ground Black Pepper
1 TBSP Ground Coriander
1 TSP Ground Thyme
2 TBSP Garlic Powder
3 TBSP Brown Sugar
1 TBSP Hungarian Hot Paprika
1/4 Cup TenderQuick

Be aware that this amount was not quite enough rub in my book, for such a big brisket. If the packer had been 10-12 lbs it would have been fine. Although the rub covered it all, I just would have liked it caked on a bit thicker on the meat....just opinion.

Loading trimming, brining and rubbing pics as I type. Will post them soon!

Ok here is the strami after soaking in some water and then rubbed with a regular pastrami rub. Also here is the point I am throwing in also. it was rubbed with a real maple syrup then sprinkled with lantana of texas all purpose seasoning...it will be burnt ends by the time I am done. thanks for lookin.

the flat

the point

Yep this is the second rub after curing. It went for about 5 days. It is in the smoker now and cruzing at 227

Beautiful! Great thread and looking forward to the pics later on!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

thanks Riv I just pulled the point to cut up and re-season and rub. then back in. Spritzed the flat and forgot pics of it but here are the burnt ends.

Great smoke so far! Love those burnt ends.
Whenever I do pastrami I cure the point as well and turn it into pastrami bites...I think 4 more days left on mine curing in the fridge.

Great looking meat so far, bud! You are doing it right all the way so far; gonna have some serious ends and sammie stuff in no time.....keep us posted with pics, too. Family looking forward to the end result?

Ok finally pulled at 170-ish not quit positive because I am using my good probe on the sausage I am making right now. The burnt ends were tossed again in some head country. and sliced a couple pieces of the pastrami for pics. I will slice the rest tomorrow.....This stuff was outstanding. I like my pastrami cold so tomorrow will even be better for me. The burnt ends are always a hit. had to bag some up real quick before they went missing.
Thanks to all of you doing your own pastrami for giving me the GO I needed to do my own. WELL worth it.

still steamy

sliced up for your viewing pleasures

And the burnt ends

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

Cured all the way through and lookin' GREAT!!!!

I like 'strami cold as well, corned beef hot.

Eric

Great color and rub on that pastrami! Really nice!
Burnt ends looked great as well. Damn fine job you did there
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Not to mention some very well deserved
points.gif

Thanks fired-up much appreciated....4theluv thanks also..how is yours coming along..I guess I should check in on yours.

Oh.
My.
Gawd.

Don't know which is better, the perfect food or the perfect pictures. You did outstanding cooking, buddy and have earned way more than the points we are authorized to give.

Congratulations on your skill!

points.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky