My second brisket smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

marauderrt10

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 2, 2013
Staten Island, NY
This was the second brisket i have done so far, and the bark definitely was better this time around. Got it at Walmart USDA choice 15lb about 13 after trimming. Smoked it for 16 hours on my pellet smoker and separated the point for burnt ends.

and who doesn't love a batch of gooey chocolate chip cookies for desert?

Thanks for looking :)

Reactions: b-one and SmokinAl
hey  - I am on my "brisket experiment part 2" as we speak - I have an 8 1/2 lb brisket in an electric smoker at 230 degrees - it's been smoking for 10 hours and the temp is kinda stagnant at 245... any tips? I was thinking this would take about 12 hours but am now worried it's gonna go way longer and the temp just isn't rising much- I don't want to freak out and pull it too early but I was also thinking of finishing off in the oven to speed things up? thoughts...

hey  - I am on my "brisket experiment part 2" as we speak - I have an 8 1/2 lb brisket in an electric smoker at 230 degrees - it's been smoking for 10 hours and the temp is kinda stagnant at 245... any tips? I was thinking this would take about 12 hours but am now worried it's gonna go way longer and the temp just isn't rising much- I don't want to freak out and pull it too early but I was also thinking of finishing off in the oven to speed things up? thoughts...
what's the temp of the brisket right now? Just give it time mine was 13lbs and it took 16 hours

Yeah don't sweat the time, I've got 2 briskets that I put on at 10 pm last night, mine should hit 200 IT by 12:00 pm. Briskets weight around 13 lbs, slow smoking at 225 deg. Best of luck and SMOKE ON!!!!

My 1st post didn't show. Don't sweat the time, I've got 2 briskets smoking since 10pm last night. They weighed roughly 13 lbs each. Smoking at 225 deg mine should hit 200 IT by 12:00. SMOKE ON!!!!

well - my problem was that after 13+ hours the temp of the meat never got past 150,  I have an electric smoker which I got because I wanted the control of the temp in the smoker, but it just wasn't getting past 150 at all. literally from the 10th through the 13th-hour mark it didn't budge from 150 - so I may have broken a cardinal rule of smoking but I wrapped the meat in foil and put it in my oven at 300 degrees, the meat got to temp within an hour !!  I took it out of the oven and let it rest another hour and man did it ever taste good!! 

I am new to smoking, this was my second shot at a brisket,  my first was a total disaster so I was happy at least that I got a good tasting finished product. so far the meats that come out best for me have been chicken, turkey breast, and corn beef - this beef brisket just has me flustered!!! 

well - my problem was that after 13+ hours the temp of the meat never got past 150,  I have an electric smoker which I got because I wanted the control of the temp in the smoker, but it just wasn't getting past 150 at all. literally from the 10th through the 13th-hour mark it didn't budge from 150 - so I may have broken a cardinal rule of smoking but I wrapped the meat in foil and put it in my oven at 300 degrees, the meat got to temp within an hour !!  I took it out of the oven and let it rest another hour and man did it ever taste good!! 
I am new to smoking, this was my second shot at a brisket,  my first was a total disaster so I was happy at least that I got a good tasting finished product. so far the meats that come out best for me have been chicken, turkey breast, and corn beef - this beef brisket just has me flustered!!! 
you were probably at the stall. Are you sure the temp of your smoker was at 225? Mine staled out around 165 to 180. It took about 6 hours to get from 165 to 180

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky