My Dry Fridge

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Finally getting back into it. When I built my first one I had analog controls. This have digital and will go from 40-64*. My little coolmist humidifier should work well. I have the Govee in there now. Set temp for my project is at 55*.

Racks all washed and everything cleaned with this.
IMG_5345.JPG

All dry and plugged in. Inside does have a blue LED light that can be on or off.
Sealed compressor cooling. Double pane glass door.

This will be for just small batches of salumi and charcuterie.

IMG_5349.JPG

What are the technicals on the fridge? The fridge I had gave out a couple years ago, looking for a reasonable way back in. I assume this is a wine fridge? Will you run a dehumidifier?

What are the technicals on the fridge? The fridge I had gave out a couple years ago, looking for a reasonable way back in. I assume this is a wine fridge? Will you run a dehumidifier?
Going to use a small coolmist humidifier, need the humidity in there around 85%

will take a pic of the specs for you.

Reactions: SmokinEdge
Instructions dont say nothing about it. This unit the the wine cellar and it does have a drain in back. So I think it will dehumidifiy

Good to see you back in action! Govee will not lie...it will give you truer readings than the controller. As far as dehumidifying, if de-humidification only happens when the compressor is running, then it will depend on how far the overshoot is to the upside and for how long.

Cool. My wine fridge has been working out quite well. I had to calm myself over the humidity swings. The other day at work I decided to check on the govee and saw some very out of character readings. Turns out my eva-dry dehumidifier was full and in need of emptying, relying only on the fridge for DH. I'll snap a screenshot...

Screenshot_20231022_051118_Govee Home.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: indaswamp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky