My Dada Marinade

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

monicotti

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 14, 2008
My Father used to try to duplicate chinese spare ribs, and came up with this marinade. He asked a few of the local chinese restaurants in the area if the main ingredient in his marinade was there secret and never got a direct answer ). I used to use this marinade about 5-6 years ago and as I remember it was pretty tasty with excellent meat penetration and easy to make. I may try it this weekend on a couple of racks of baby backs. I used to smoke my ribs after this marinade and as I recall everyone loved them. let me know what you think.

1 bottle of grenedine syrup ( the good one Lirouix i think its called ), 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/8 cup light soy sauce, lots of fresh chopped garlic, some 5 spice powder.

ps. these measurements are are approximated from 5 years ago to the best I can remember but should be close

Your recipe sounds good....thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try.
smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky