More PIC from the Redneck Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

orville

Original poster
Oct 9, 2009
Board Camp, Arkansas
eat_me.jpg

This is our sign out on Hwy 8

fire_box.jpg

This is our fire box. We start the fire with dry oak and then add green hickory for the next 3 days. We keep the hickory under water in the tub on the left for 24 hrs before adding it to the fire.

parking.jpg

Here is were you bring your meat.

inside.jpg

Inside the smokehouse. We have had 3000 lb of meat in there at one time. To clean inside we just kick the fire up for 2 hrs.

I just added a recipe page to http://www.rednecksmokehouse.com . If you have a good recipe but it here and I will cook it. I only have 4 recipes right now so filler up.

"We know how to eat, we are not just blowing smoke"

Nice setup. I'm confused...is this a bring your own meat and we'll smoke it for ya resturant?

How do you regulate temps inside the smokehouse? That's a lot of square footage.

Yah...ahhh ummmm hmmmm????? Where's the.... MEAT!!!! Looks like a sweet setup, but something is missing from that pic! Please don't keep us hanging!

The reason I use two fire boxes is for the heat and smoke. If I want a lot of heat (up to 275) I light both boxes with dry oak. If I want a lot of smoke and a lot of heat I put dry oak in the big one and green hickory sticks in the small one. If I want a long slow smoke I put green hickory log that I keep in water in the big one and don’t use the little. If I need to do a cold smoke (cheese, fish, ect) I just light the small one. If I want a pot of hot stew I take some coals out of the big one and put it in the small one. The Dude Abides asked if I was running ‘bring your own meat and we'll smoke it for ya resturant’. It is like this, I started a smoking club for members only. Most people love to smoke meat but don’t have the time to baby sit the smoker for 3 days. Membership is only $25 a year and $20 for the first tub (30 lb) and $15 for any additional tubs per smoke. I light the fire at 6 am on Wednesday and let it go out noon on Saturday. Members drop off meat or pick meat up any time between 7am and 7pm. The smokehouse holds the heat real good. I used to be a walk in freezer. I made a back yard smoker for a friend of mine in California. It is 4’ x 8’ and has the word “ICE” on the front.

Very nice set up - I am sure you put out a very impressive product
Thanks for sharing

Thats a great looking set up
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
How big is it?

Now that's just too much fun. Thanks for the great pics.

Great looking place, you could just toss a few cows and pigs in there and smoke 'em up. How's that for fresh?
Loved the deer on the sign, the "EAT ME" was clever.

Now that is a sweet looking rig there. I bet that thing could and has turned out some really good Q for sure.

Dang Orville, you done gone and put an idea in my head. I have a box stove like the one pictured on my deck at my hunting camp. Now I have a use for the thing. Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky