More Kettle Wings

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mr_whipple

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 3, 2021
Virginia
Did some wings on the kettle yesterday.

Lately this has been my go to for chicken pieces. A light dusting of the cavenders no salt, and a top it with the rub from the fat man. I then let them sit all day uncovered in the garage fridge while I was checking out a few new breweries... tough weekend.

20230827_093400.jpg

3/4 chimney of cowboy briquettes and a chunk of cherry.

20230827_182656.jpg

These don't take very long. I run the kettle darn near wide open. Perfect crispy skin!

20230827_191940.jpg

No plate shot, but these were killer. I ran across this sauce the other day looking for something else and it grabbed my eye. Painted a few to try out and man is it good. Very much chili forward followed by the sweet. It's sweet, but the honey is almost subtle if that makes sense... the honey takes a back seat to the chili. This bottle is not going to last long. Edit... next day I had some more of that sauce, and it's sweeter than I described. Not sickening sweet,cbut my initial review was probably tainted by a few beers.

20230827_193046.jpg

Anyhow, happy Monday and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky