montor top fridge

Discussion in 'Fridge/Freezer Builds' started by bruski, Jun 4, 2015.

1. bruski

bruski Newbie

so i know i haven't introduced myself but i have a quick question  i have the option to pick up a ge monitor top fridge .. are they able to be converted into a smoker ?  has it been done?  iv searched but keep coming up short 

2. big treble

big treble Newbie

Not sure I have the proper knowledge to help, but I know it's frustrating waiting for a response. After I posted a couple questions, I was looking at the views to replies ratio, and realized tis not too promising.

Other than pulling any plastic, poor insulation and replacing gaskets. Just about any fridge would. I would also wonder if their was any collector value to that fridge.

3. bruski

bruski Newbie

I appreciate it. .. and yeahhh Iscrapped the idea being it a monitor top. I'm not going to try to be the first guy lol

4. marcgyver77

marcgyver77 Newbie

5. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It looks great for a smoker. But, you really messed up a good antique. :yahoo:

6. marcgyver77

marcgyver77 Newbie

The good antique ones sell for over $500 and the really good ones at around $1000. [​IMG]

This one was a "barn find" that had been listed for several months. I felt I over-paid buying it at $250...