Mes 30 died, need replacement

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
When you open the door with the “heating” light on, is the element the usual red/orange color?
If you have a multimeter with a tong tester, you can see if it’s pulling the expected amperage at the cord.

I say chillax a bit. While I think something is off (1hr to 220F) your temps aren't too bad. It could just be the wind. REALLY windy here and I am somewhat close to you. Also, very typical for the smoker to struggle a bit during the initial load. Has to overcome the thermal mass of but and there's is also some evaporative cooling. Hopefully the temps climb. Gonna go drag mine out and do the canadian bacon for Easter brunch. Nasty out!

Reactions: acd4476
Yea I'm holding right around 225-230 which is a good range for a butt but I like around 250 to speed it up. Hopefully when it's not as chilly/windy itll perform where I wont need it set at 275 to hold in this range

So I assume you’re using the stock chip loader, is it making some smoke?

If its not, but the smoker heats up some, it almost has to be a power supply problem.
If it is smoking, it is probably the wind. I can’t see how the element could “partly” fail.
Sorry you’re having trouble.

So I assume you’re using the stock chip loader, is it making some smoke?

If its not, but the smoker heats up some, it almost has to be a power supply problem.
If it is smoking, it is probably the wind. I can’t see how the element could “partly” fail.
Sorry you’re having trouble.
Yep using the stock chip smoker Didn't want to mess with the pellets today in the amnps

Whew, nastier that I thought... I am the exact opposite, I have no desire to feed chips every half hour in this weather. Looks like it will warm up a bit soon. Good luck!

Any big foil pans or aluminum foil in the smoker?
Where in the smoker is your Maverick probe?

Bear

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky