Menu Suggestions?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ga.roadhog

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
If all goes well and Ben has my new pit ready in time, I want to break it in for a small party at the end of the month. I'll be feeding about 30 minor league baseball players and coaches. Any suggestions as to what a first time smoker should put on the menu? I probably won't have time to do a practice run.

I am thinking a few racks of ribs, and a few chickens as well as the ABT's I have read so much about on here.

If the pit is done and I can get it in time to do this I'll post the QView.

Pulled pork is always a hit and usually goes a long way. Also, you might want to mix up some of Dutch's Wicked Baked Beans... they are AWESOME!

Chicken is easy, but usually has rubber skin. Can be done without the skin.
Ribs and butt for pulled pork are winners.
And the beans are another winner.
Throw in cole slaw, maybe some tater salad.
If you do pulled pork and have slaw you could have Memphis style pulled pork sammies.
Gotta stop, getting hungry!
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky