Marinated boneless chicken breats in pellet grill?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

benhar

Original poster
Jun 10, 2018
I know smoking boneless/skinless chicken breasts has been discussed here before, but was hoping for a little guidance on my particular goal...

I have a recipe for key lime chicken breasts that my family really likes. It's evolved a bit over the years, but my current approach involves marinating the breasts overnight in the mixture (50/50 EVOO and lime juice plus chopped garlic, onion, etc.) to maximize the lime kick. Lately instead of grilling, I sous vide the breasts at 160, and sear them afterwards on my Weber kettle's Slow n Sear. A bit more work but the results are great. The meat is shredded for tacos.

Now I find myself with this RecTec Trailblazer that I want to experiment with... it seems it would be much easier to just cook them in the RT for 350 for about half and hour, maybe even use the built-in meat thermometer for good measure. Any issues going this route? I know it sounds like a silly question, but I once got lazy and cooked the chicken in the oven to see what would happen. The lack of sear/char made the result pretty off-putting, especially with the chopped onion and garlic on the meat.

Thanks for any advice!

Sear the breasts then move to a cooler area to finish to the desired IT. They won't take long...JJ

Just injected 1/2 a chicken with soy sauce made by Tabasco and the other 1/2 with SBR wing sauce,throwed on the pellet pit at 350,will see how this works out and we can compare notes lol

I'd go with a different approach, I'd use the vortex/kettle combo and keep a close eye on the internal temp. It allows for high heat indirect cooking. If you want a little smoke flavor added just drop a chunk of your favorite chicken wood on the grate over the Vortex.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky