Making a feast tonight.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cronocide

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 16, 2016
Pennsylvania
Tossed this post in the general thread due to multiple things being cooked. First thing I did this morning was hard boil some eggs for about 7 minutes so they had a soft/jammy yolk. I then tossed those on my pit boss with a full A-maz-n smoke tube to provide smoke. I'll let those go for about 4 hours and then pull them. After those were on, I breaded some cheese sticks for a homemade mozzarella sticks and tossed them into the freezer to set up for the main dish later. The final piece to the puzzle will be smash burgers a bit later to bring it all together. Going to be a good dinner! Pics to follow later.

Sorry about the wait, had some things come up. The smoked eggs were delicious, although I'll let them boil about 2 mins longer next time as the yolk didn't set completely. The mozz sticks were do die for and were even good on the reheat. I finely cut some onion on the mandolin for and laid it as a base before smashing the burgers. They turned out great and were mighty delicious.

Attachments

• Burgers.jpg
    Burgers.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Eggs.jpg
    Eggs.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Mozz.jpg
    Mozz.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 8
That’s fun. It seems like the eggs would absorb a crazy amount of smoke. How would you describe them?

That’s fun. It seems like the eggs would absorb a crazy amount of smoke. How would you describe them?

They were smokey, but not overpowering. I went for a medium soft boil and pulled them a little too soon. They would have been better if the yolks set firm but were jammy. Will have to redo them and re-evaluate haha.

Reactions: chp
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky