Lowly brats

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

philpom

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 16, 2023
Texas
Firecracker brats on the Mastertouch. Hit with mesquite smoke.

Served with home fermented sauerkraur, fermented cucumber relish and jalapenos simmered in butter and beer.

A simple meal.

20230825_195120.jpg

20230825_202717.jpg

20230825_213600.jpg

20230825_214642.jpg

20230825_221519.jpg

A little inglehoffer on top.

That kraut mix sounds killer! Fat me could eat all of that. Ok... maybe there might be one or two brats left.

Reactions: philpom
Delicious looking meal! Could you tell me more about the cucumber relish?
Thank you. The relish was just lacto fermented pickling cucumbers drained and buzzed up. Fresh dill and garlic added during the fermenting process. We usually go 2 weeks on the counter.

Thank you. The relish was just lacto fermented pickling cucumbers drained and buzzed up. Fresh dill and garlic added during the fermenting process. We usually go 2 weeks on the counter.
So, you ground already fermented cukes with garlic and dill? Sounds easy. And I have full sours in the fridge with dill and garlic.

We tried smoking brats a while ago but never could get the skin how we liked so now brats get sone in the Ninja Air Fryer. Our pellet burns very clean at the higher temps to crisp up the skin like we prefer so we get prey much no smoke flavoring

Hey now, let's not talk down about those Brats. They are by no means "lowly", especially the way you've done them. Simply a superb looking plate and I'd tear up a dozen or so of them :emoji_laughing: Super nice job.

Robert

We tried smoking brats a while ago but never could get the skin how we liked so now brats get sone in the Ninja Air Fryer. Our pellet burns very clean at the higher temps to crisp up the skin like we prefer so we get prey much no smoke flavoring
Not sure your goal but I'll assume with a good snap. If you look in photo 2 above, I build the fire in trays to the right and left on the Mastertouch. The brats go down the middle and wood chips up on the grate above the fire baskets. I never need to flip these, no charring, no splitting (as long as they aren't left too long) and they cook at a nice high temp for that crispy snap. I grill lid down and hot - wide open. Same method works wonders on chicken breasts too. Just gotta adjust the temp accordingly for what's on the grill. I hate flipping the meat unless it's a steak or chop so I do 95% of my grilling indirect. The food is IMO more beautiful and juicy that way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky