Let's talk Thanksgiving Turkey Fatty.

Discussion in 'Fatties' started by ajjf, Nov 14, 2010.

1. ajjf

ajjf Newbie

My mother in law has requested that we do a ground turkey fatty this year instead of making a turkey.  I am very open to this.  My intuition is to have the goodies in the center be stuffing and bourbon cranberry sauce. 

I wanted to throw this off of the board and see if it sticks.

What are your thoughts?  Anyone done this? 

Thanks!

Adam

2. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

i did this one, a turkey fattie, with wild rice stuffing and a cranberry sauce for the original fatty throwdown. used to be a sticky but dont know what happened to it... Makes a great fatty... use a combo of breast meat to thigh meat, about 50/50 and skinless. will give you about the right texture to hold together nice. try it out and post your results plz...

/ icon and title

3. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man Erain that looks awesome. Also cant get much more thanksgiving than that right there.

4. erain

erain Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

cant figger out why theres a freaking easter lily in there eh...[​IMG]

5. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Thats a great idea for a different turkey day meal for sure but a good one thou. Erian I hope if that isn't in wiki then Brian should make it one now. He has all the powers. Your fattie looks awesome too.[​IMG]

6. I like to mix some ground pork with my ground turkey in a fatty.  I find plain turkey to be too dry when done.