Lazy Day BB's & Cookies

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sawhorseray

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 17, 2014
Gilbert, AZ
Found a partial rack of baby backs in the freezer while I was making room for my latest haul from Sam's. In the morning they were thawed so I slathered on some mustard, coated them with Chile's pork rub, set up the SnS in the kettle with a few apple chunks and threw the ribs on when things were settled in at 225º. I decided early on I was going with no meat thermometer, no spritzing, no wrapping, I'd just poke around after five hours and see how things looked. About halfway thru the wind came up and the kettle got up to around 255º, stayed there no mater how tight I shut the vents down, threw on a yam in foil and just let it go. The set it and forget approach worked just fine!
DSCN1722.JPG

Everything tasted good enough to eat.
DSCN1723.JPG

A hour later I made some cookies for dessert
DSCN1724.JPG

Now I'm trying to decide between a ribeye and making a pizza, this whole quarantine thing is just one tough decision after another. Thanks for lookin' in. RAY

Great looking ribs Ray! Whole plate looks great actually. Wash it down with a banquet and top it off with some homemade chocolate chip cookies and you are in hog heaven. LIKE!

Reactions: sawhorseray
That a boy. Nice looking plate although you can have those cookies me no like. Warren

You don't like cookies Warren? Chocolate chip cookies? I don't believe I've ever heard of such a dislike, and I thought my wife was weird. She doesn't like bacon, maple syrup, strawberry jam, or apple pie, but she does make brownies. Thank you for the Like Warren, much appreciated. RAY

Great looking ribs Ray! Whole plate looks great actually. Wash it down with a banquet and top it off with some homemade chocolate chip cookies and you are in hog heaven. LIKE!

I'm just about out of those fat little Coors bottles John, hoping to be able to get back to Rolling Rocks. I can fit about ten bottles of RR's on the fridge shelf, only seven of Coors, they just don't stack up right. Course it doesn't make much difference cause nobody's been stopping by for a beer anyway. Thank you for the Like John, I do appreciate it. RAY

Nice ribs Ray! I gotta do ribs and do them soon! All these rib posts are causing me to drool all over myself.

So what kinda wood did you smoke the cookies with?

Thanks for the like Ray it is greatly appreciated.

Nope no chocolate chips I'm really not much on any chocolate. I do like oatmeal raisin, snickerdoodles and the like. But very limited on any chocolate. Oh and here's a kicker to this about the same with anything peanut butter. :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Course it doesn't make much difference cause nobody's been stopping by for a beer anyway.

Fine looking plate there Ray!! Nice way to spend a morning. I'll be stopping by later for a beer. If you only have 10 beers though, I wonder what you're gonna drink :emoji_astonished:

Better stop and pick some up,
Robert

Oh Yeah!! I could chow down on that stuff for sure!! Like. Bear

Yeah, I did a pretty good number on the myself Bear! Thank you for the Like, I do appreciate it. RAY

Fine looking plate there Ray!! Nice way to spend a morning. I'll be stopping by later for a beer. If you only have 10 beers though, I wonder what you're gonna drink :emoji_astonished: Better stop and pick some up, Robert

I don't know where you're going to park the jet but we'll just have to figure that out when you are overhead Robert. I'll be donning my hazmat mask and surgical gloves all too soon enough to venture out into Cootytown to find a case of Rolling Rocks. I probably should have scored something yesterday when I was at Sam's loading up on chicken, ribs, and Evan. Now that I'm so toilet paper rich I could probably trade a roll for a six-pack! Thanks for the Like Robert, very much appreciated. RAY

Nice ribs Ray! I gotta do ribs and do them soon! All these rib posts are causing me to drool all over myself.
So what kinda wood did you smoke the cookies with?

Thanks xray! If your going to do some ribs you'd best make sure to get them soon. With all the plants closing down due to the virus chicken and pork might start getting hard to find. I wish I had a wood fired oven, got a little itch to make a pizza for dinner, waiting to see if my pound of yeast will arrive today as promised. RAY

Thanks xray! If your going to do some ribs you'd best make sure to get them soon. With all the plants closing down due to the virus chicken and pork might start getting hard to find. I wish I had a wood fired oven, got a little itch to make a pizza for dinner, waiting to see if my pound of yeast will arrive today as promised. RAY

I heard pork is going to be scarce. We’re making a grocery run this weekend so I’ll look for some ribs. Freezer space is tight but luckily ribs lay nice and flat.

I heard pork is going to be scarce. We’re making a grocery run this weekend so I’ll look for some ribs. Freezer space is tight but luckily ribs lay nice and flat.

Joe, I stocked up on pork last week. Freezers are getting close to capacity but if you need more space for meat, just send it to me. I'll take good care of it for you :emoji_laughing:

Reaching out to help a friend,
Robert

Reactions: xray
Yum, that looks great from where I'm sitting. Thumbs up sir. G

Nice job Ray! Looks good from here. LIKE! Yes pretty windy yesterday afternoon....was that damn front that just blew in to give us triple digit freaking heat. :emoji_angry: John

Thank you both for the LIkes, I appreciate them. It's heating up John, triple digits by Saturday, the pool bar will be open for the next six months! RAY

Reactions: Smokin' in AZ
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky