Koss Sauce Chicken Lollipops, Montana Meal Dish 4

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

disco

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Rockies
This is the last of the posts of the meal I made for my Montana curling friends. Thanks for putting up with the multiple posts.

The day before the meal, I started by cutting around chicken drumsticks just where the skin starts to widen.

Koss SMF 01.jpg

I cut through the ligaments with shears.

Koss SMF 02.jpg

I pulled the skin and ligaments over the knuckle of the bone and cut it off.

Koss SMF 03.jpg

I cut a flat spot in the end of the drumstick so it would stand on end.

Koss SMF 04.jpg

I sprinkled the drumsticks with my Basic BBQ Rub and put them in the fridge overnight. I bagged the trimmings to freeze for future stock.

Koss SMF 05.jpg

The next day, I stood them in a roasting pan and put them in a 230 F smoker for 1 1/2 hours.

Koss SMF 06.jpg
Koss SMF 07.jpg

I brought them in and gave them a good brushing with Koss Barbecue Sauce.

Koss SMF 08.jpg

Normally, I would have kicked the smoker up to 350 F but I had other stuff in it so I put the drumsticks in a 350 F oven for 30 minutes.

Here is the finished product.

Koss SMF 09.jpg

These were excellent. The Koss Sauce is not as sweet as other sauces so it glazed very well to a beautiful golden colour. It gave a nice sweet/sour warm touch to the lollipops with just the right amount of warmth afterwards that didn't offend more tender palates.

Disco

Looking good Disco. I'm not a fan of dark meat (I prefer the breast) but Miss Linda sure is. I can see a meal of these in our future.
I've never seen Koss Sauce in any store. Where do you get it??
POINT
Gary
Thanks, Gary! I had to mail order it. You can get it sent to Canada but the shipping is prohibitive. I had it sent to my buddies in Montana and they brought it with them. It is a brand new product they are trying to market themselves.

Make sure you tell Miss Linda how much work you put into these when you make them!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky