Joined the club last night

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nocturnal

Original poster
May 23, 2010
Mansfield, TX
Good morning everyone--

I re-introduced myself last week and last night I drove to Pearland and picked up a new Masterbuilt XL.  Put it together last night and its currently doing its seasoning smoke per tips I got from here.  The salesman I worked with had one and he mentioned the cast iron skillet trick to me.  He ended up going to the back and had a damaged dutch oven lid that had the hook loop broken.  Threw that in my cart so that took care of the skillet.  The smoker is on the deck and has been holding 200 degrees now fpr about an hour with a couple of mesquite chunks and full water pan.  I did turn it up to about 350 or so to burn any residue off for a few minutes before coating with pam.  Looks like I will be enjoying this thing this weekend.  Girlfriend has requested ribs tonite so that will be the break in que.  Have a good day everyone.  Ryan

dont forget the Qview with a Bear shot..
drool.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky