Jalapenos to start the day

Discussion in 'Veggies' started by arnie, Oct 28, 2010.

1. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

While I’m lounging around the house with nothing to do I thought I’d give the smoker a workout.

The Misses was kind enough to pull the smoker out for me since I have a 5 pound weight restriction.

I’m starting out with some ripe jalapeños with a handful of habaneras thrown in for good luck.

[​IMG]

Later on I’ll do some short ribs and hot wings.  

2. Out of curiosity, what are you going to do with those peppers once they are smoked?

3. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

Probably mix them with a few smoked tomatoes and cream cheese and spread it on some fresh white bread  

4. Sounds good to me.  Kind of like the old school pimento cheese spread. Hey.... there's an idea...

Looks great.

5. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

I like it! They're good in about anything. they even zip up the old bottle of catsup

6. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

What a great way to enjoy some fresh smoked chiles. You may be from Iowa, but yo've got SW taste buds.You're my kind of foodie. It's all good my friend.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  7. thebarbequeen

thebarbequeen Smoking Fanatic

That is one great idea! 

8. distre

distre Smoke Blower

Boy does that sound good. I'd like to start my day with peppers and use them as a night cap. I like me some peppers. Nice post.

9. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes indeedy I would like to have some good ole homegrown peppers to smoke. I should have some soon with the seeds that I got from Richo. Now I can't wait to see the slasa and the kicked up ketchup, man is that gonna be good or what. Q-view please.

10. bigdog2084

bigdog2084 Newbie

sounds good.  how long do you smoke them for and at what temp?  thanks for the help.  i am new at smoking.

11. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

This was one full rack of peppers. I smoked them for 3 and a half hours at 225⁰ with a hunk of hickory

12. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

They are good in salsa and really help the ketchup. Sorry I was in a hurry , I  baggied them and put them in the freezer without a picture