Its great to be back. I've been off the site for 2 weeks and missed it. Vegas and hunting were fun.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
I just got back from a week of deer hunting in MN and the week before that I was in Vegas for a work convention. It kind of sucked having them back to back but I couldn't turn down a free trip in Vegas. I flew in from Vegas and then pretty much jumped in the truck and headed down to deer camp. The wife wasn't to happy about being gone for that long but I'll have to make it up to her. I didn't take a long of pictures during hunting because we didn't end up with any huge bucks but we did end up getting 8 deer which is going to be made into sausage, sticks, summer sausage, etc. very soon. I used my WOK every day to cook breakfast and I really love this thing especially for camping or for hunting camp. Here are just a few lame pictures that I took on my phone. I'm glad to be back and I can't wait to read through everything and catch up on what I missed.

Me cooking up some breakfast hash on the WOK.

e1bab75d_IMAG0256.jpg

My Brother.

2ed6b266_IMAG0266.jpg

Some cool looking fog out of the deer stand.

1fd1488e_IMAG0263.jpg

961e06a5_IMAG0262.jpg

My brother and uncle cooking up venison tenderloins with onion and garlic on our last night at camp.

38139036_IMAG0267.jpg

A closer shot of the tenderloins.

6811a88b_IMAG0268.jpg

Glad to have you back, the views from the deer stand look awesome.  Gotta love the way world looks early in the morning on the stand.

Last edited:
Welcome back Ross.....looks like a great time.... Cant wait to see the deer sausages.................
icon14.gif

Joe

Welcome Home RB...Congrats on a successful Hunt...JJ

Looks like a great trip.  With all that cooking equipment sitting around, I'm surprised any hunting got done.  LOL

Thanks for the pics!

Good luck and good smoking.

Glad to have you back Ross and I've missed your contributions.

That's a cool looking wok you have there, I sure would like to have one but finding an old disc blade here is like looking for the proverbially hen's tooth.

Let's see that breakfast sausage.

Gene

Glad to have you back Ross and I've missed your contributions.

That's a cool looking wok you have there, I sure would like to have one but finding an old disc blade here is like looking for the proverbially hen's tooth.

Let's see that breakfast sausage.

Gene
Here go check this out then you won't have to look for an old disc.

http://www.southwestdisk.com/

Welcome Back Ross!!!!

Looks like nobody starved on your hunting trip!!!!  
icon14.gif

Good looking chow!

Bear

Welcome Back Ross!!!!

Looks like nobody starved on your hunting trip!!!!  
icon14.gif

Good looking chow!

Bear
No one goes hungry at our camp. I have some of the best meals of the year at our deer camp. Some of my favorite this year were grilled salmon, stuffed pork loin and big ol bloody steaks. We always have to much food  but I always look forward eating there each year. Next year I am going to smoke ribs for one of  the evening meals.

icon_cool.gif

I'm glad that your back into the swing of things again. But BUt that sure looked like a wok to me that your brother was cooking on. I guess some of us don't travel with a smoker. I'm heading up the New York again for a couple of weeks myself. I will however lad up a smoker in the truck. But then thats another reason that I'm going up there is to smoke them so good meats. You'll all see soon I hope.

icon_cool.gif

I'm glad that your back into the swing of things again. But BUt that sure looked like a wok to me that your brother was cooking on. I guess some of us don't travel with a smoker. I'm heading up the New York again for a couple of weeks myself. I will however lad up a smoker in the truck. But then thats another reason that I'm going up there is to smoke them so good meats. You'll all see soon I hope.

Yea I agree about the smoker. We  normally don't bring one because we are  usually to busy hunting and cutting up meat to man the smoker but we have already  decided we are bringing one of our UDS's to camp next year for ribs or a brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky