Italian beef

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hi all,
Over the weekend I wanted Italian beef. So, I rummaged through the freezer. And found I didn't have any butt. Or bottom round. Only top round and chuckies. I decided to try a 4 pound top round.
View attachment 662816

Into the crock pot she goes. Only with SPOG, bay leaves, jar of pepperoncini, med. onion, 2 packs Italian dressing mix. I didn't have a small can of diced tomatoes. But, I had a can of rotel. Into the pot that went. This pic is after 10 hours on low. I went 12 hours total.

View attachment 662817The rotel added a touch of heat that worked well with this. I'll be doing it this way from now on! The top round worked great with this. I was concerned about how it would pull. But it fell apart like a chuck roast.
wow, French fries look very good.

I am up way to late after watching the NHL playoffs. That plate looks so good I wish I could download it online and eat it right now.

Wow Steve, that looks and sounds fantastic. When I lived in the Chicago area Italian beef was hugely popular and I ate it by the ton. Loved the stuff but for some oddball reason I've never made it before. That might be about to change :emoji_wink:

Robert

Wow Steve, that looks and sounds fantastic. When I lived in the Chicago area Italian beef was hugely popular and I ate it by the ton. Loved the stuff but for some oddball reason I've never made it before. That might be about to change :emoji_wink:

Robert
Thanks Robert! When I lived in Mt Vernon, IL. I ate my share of it too!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky