Is this possible?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cruiser rod

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 18, 2013
South Jersey
I just got a slow smoker attachment for my 40" MES. I'm coooking a corned beef brisket in a pressure cooker today. Can I put it in the smoker say at about 135° and run the slow smoker for a couple of hours to add a smoke flavor to it?

Reactions: JLeonard
Here's a thread on doing the reverse . Smoke then pressure finish . Not an answer to your question , but maybe take a look .

I'd smoke to the stall around 160ish then instead of wrapping and leaving in the smoker I'd go to the slow cooker or pressure cooker for the finish.

I'm sure you can , but I agree with jcam222. I would smoke first. But if you've already started, give it a try and tell us how it turns out.

Reactions: cruiser rod
I'm sure you can , but I agree with jcam222. I would smoke first. But if you've already started, give it a try and tell us how it turns out.
I'm starting to think if I pressure cook last that will infuse the smoke into the brisket. I may try that on another brisket.

I really only want to smoke the meat for maybe an hour or two after the cooker and maybe finish it off on the grill for a few minutes to sear harden a bark to the outside. I'll post my results.

Reactions: JLinza and chopsaw
I'm starting to think if I pressure cook last that will infuse the smoke into the brisket. I may try that on another brisket.
I just did a store bought corned beef last week . Smoked to 150 ish , then finished in the instant pot . It works . Not sure if it's any better or worse than any other way . It's a time saver / done on time trick for sure .
Matter of fact I have one soaking right now . Gonna go on the pellet grill and see where it is closer to supper time .

Reactions: cruiser rod
I really only want to smoke the meat for maybe an hour or two after the cooker and maybe finish it off on the grill for a few minutes to sear harden a bark to the outside. I'll post my results.
I'm behind today myself, and kinda thought of doing the same thing. Maybe we'll screw this up together lol 😆 🍀

Well the verdict is in, my brisket came excellent!

Pressure cooked in an old style pressure cooker for 1 hour, then let it cool on it's own. Smoked with Jack Daniel whisky chips, honoring St. Patrick for 2 hours at 135° with smoke supplied via MES slow smoker attachment and finished off on grill for a cure and bark on the outside. Probably about 5 minutes each side on a med. low flame. Also pressure cooked veggies in broth for 6 minutes cooling right away. I'll definitely do this again! Oh, this was only a 3 pound brisket.
IMG_7226.JPG
IMG_7227.JPG

Those both look fantastic .
I did mine on the pellet grill to an IT of 160 . Then into an Instant pot . High pressure for 50 minutes , natural release .
My goodness , it was like butter . I made a sandwich , but was wishing I would have done knife and fork . I'm stuffed too , but wanting another slice .
20240317_181947.jpg
20240317_183610.jpg

Those both look fantastic .
I did mine on the pellet grill to an IT of 160 . Then into an Instant pot . High pressure for 50 minutes , natural release .
My goodness , it was like butter . I made a sandwich , but was wishing I would have done knife and fork . I'm stuffed too , but wanting another slice .
View attachment 691800
View attachment 691799
Heck yeah, looks great. Tomorrow will be sandwiches for us. If there's enough left. Lol

I have to say that a pressure cooker really tenderizes the meat and the smoke is definitely adds a finishing touch to it. Hope all had a Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky