Injecttors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tiki guy

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Largo Florida
  OK , been check a lot of great ideas on the forum here , and saw a Q-view and a "injector" was used .

Been looking on line at a few , and thinking ....I might give it a go.

SO anyone have any input ?       Brand ?    Stainless steel ? Plastic ?

Butterball makes a good stainless one. Got mine from lowes . It has lasted longer than any plastic metal ones . A few folks on here have it like pops.:yahoo:

If you have Academy Sports around you they carry a couple of good stainless steel ones that will hold up to the wear and tear. The plastic ones are usaully throw away after a few uses.

I have the same SS one Michael has, it's a Butterball & I got mine at Lowe's too.

I've had it for a couple of years & never had any trouble with it.

It will take a lot of wear & tear, and is easy to clean.

All you have to do is put a little oil on the plunger before you use it and that's it.

I used the one you get with the injectible marinade, still have a few in the drawer, I finally broke down and bought one a little better.

74bc8f45_100_2575.jpg

I would add that injected meat is no longer considered intact muscle meat unless you are injecting cure and otherwise curing the outside of the meat.

Injected meat is no longer considered intact muscle meat and must be cooked to a higher temp unless there was cure involved in the process.

Good luck and good smoking.

I have never injected anything but chicken and stopped that when I started to brine. Good meat+good rub+good technique=Great Q. I have to wonder, at what point does it stop tasting like meat and start tasting like, Apple juice, Garlic, Worcestershire and whatever else you shoot in? I understand that many a Grand Champion has spent many years injecting but does it make that much of an improvement?

My Father's favorite quote," Steak Sauce was invented to cover the flavor of ROTTEN BEEF!"...JJ

I have never injected anything but chicken and stopped that when I started to brine. Good meat+good rub+good technique=Great Q. I have to wonder, at what point does it stop tasting like meat and start tasting like, Apple juice, Garlic, Worcestershire and whatever else you shoot in? I understand that many a Grand Champion has spent many years injecting but does it make that much of an improvement?

My Father's favorite quote," Steak Sauce was invented to cover the flavor of ROTTEN BEEF!"...JJ
I'll have to agree with your Dads quote there. The only time i use steak suace is on a steak with no flavor or its too dry.

About the only thing i ever inject is Turkeys.

I inject everything never had problems or complaints.Brine's and marinades just sit on the surface and don't get deep penetration in thicker meats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky