I wanted Ribs..

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Baconyoulikeapig

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 31, 2018
..But I couldn't decide if I wanted them naked or sauced. So I did both! One is smothered in Alabama white sauce and the other dry rub only. Both turned out exceptional!

I had never done white sauce on ribs before, however I'm currently spent on tomato based BBQ sauces. Needless to say the white sauce will become a go to for ribs!

Attachments

• 20200419_172207.jpg
    20200419_172207.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200419_185326.jpg
    20200419_185326.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20200419_173402.jpg
    20200419_173402.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 22
I'm going to do ribs tomorrow on my PB Pro 1100! What temp/how long did you cook them? Did you take off and wrap at some point with the dry rubbed ones?? Looks great!

Any preference on which tasted better, between naked or wrapped? Nice job!

I'm going to do ribs tomorrow on my PB Pro 1100! What temp/how long did you cook them? Did you take off and wrap at some point with the dry rubbed ones?? Looks great!

They took 5.5 hours at 225. I didn't check internal temperature at any point during the cook, I just did the bend test. I wrapped the dry rub rack at about 4.5 hours in and left wrapped till the end for the last hour.

The sauced ones didn't pick up much of a smoke ring because the sauce was on from the beginning. Every hour I applied another layer. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the white sauce on ribs. I did dry rub beneath the sauce as well but I'm not sure if that was needed as the sauce was very flavorful, especially after it picked up a little bit of smoky taste.

Reactions: irun4him
Any preference on which tasted better, between naked or wrapped? Nice job!

I only briefly wrapped the naked one at the very end mostly to darken up the bark a little bit.

I honestly couldn't decide which I enjoyed more. With the naked you get the rub spices and nice pork flavor, with the sauced you get an awesome flavored sauce with mouthful of meat but less meat meat taste. Both were oozing juices as I cut into them so no discernible difference with regard to juiciness.

Reactions: Blues1
They took 5.5 hours at 225. I didn't check internal temperature at any point during the cook, I just did the bend test. I wrapped the dry rub rack at about 4.5 hours in and left wrapped till the end for the last hour.

The sauced ones didn't pick up much of a smoke ring because the sauce was on from the beginning. Every hour I applied another layer. I was really surprised how much I enjoyed the white sauce on ribs. I did dry rub beneath the sauce as well but I'm not sure if that was needed as the sauce was very flavorful, especially after it picked up a little bit of smoky taste.

Thanks for the detail! I can totally do this! Thanks again!

Reactions: Baconyoulikeapig
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky