Offset at Walmart 75% off? You make the call

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Dive Bar Casanova

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Sep 3, 2021
I was walking thru Walmart and an Ok Joes offset Smoker caught my eye. This was back in March when Walmart starts stocking Summer items.

I really liked the quality.

$799. Four of them sat there all summer until last week. I thought nahh $300 max. Ain’t no $800 smoker.

So I asked the manager if he’d check the price maybe it’s wrong. Nope, $799.

I turned to walk away. He then told me to watch for the Christmas merch Shipping containers to be stacked up in the lot, they discount the bbq’s then.

Day later: There they were:
IMG_3083.jpeg

Walked into Walmart ,, 3 of the Ok Joes gone, one left $197.

Rung it up loaded in the truck.

IMG_3105.jpeg

Did a couple tri tips and a few back sides.
All new learning than the Red Box.

I love smoking meats and I learn something every time. This time I learned if ya don’t have patience and perseverance ya got no business smoking meats.

So, basically, Walmart is only getting back what they paid for them...

I loathe Walmart but I am glad you were able to get your smoker.
I'm pretty sure it was a special edition run exclusive to Walmart. Not an $800 unit and evidently others felt the same.

I only go to Walmart for expensive items. To me anything over $100 is expensive.
GoodYear 14 ply steel trailer tires now well over $500 each everywhere. I needed 6 of them.

Walmart generic brand $199 each mounted & balanced. I have over 60.000 miles on the Walmarts. Always use them on different trailers. Another with over 30,000 miles.

Yeah its a dog and pony show, but that's some serious bank to save.
Swamp cooler we wanted was $699 everywhere even online,, $399 at Walmart.

It's an episode of Twilight Zone walking in there.
Did prefer Target because of the fine women shoppers, but Target went Bud Light on us.

I was walking thru Walmart and an Ok Joes offset Smoker caught my eye. This was back in March when Walmart starts stocking Summer items.

I really liked the quality.

$799. Four of them sat there all summer until last week. I thought nahh $300 max. Ain’t no $800 smoker.

So I asked the manager if he’d check the price maybe it’s wrong. Nope, $799.

I turned to walk away. He then told me to watch for the Christmas merch Shipping containers to be stacked up in the lot, they discount the bbq’s then.

Day later: There they were:View attachment 677110
Walked into Walmart ,, 3 of the Ok Joes gone, one left $197.

Rung it up loaded in the truck.

View attachment 677111
Did a couple tri tips and a few back sides.
All new learning than the Red Box.

I love smoking meats and I learn something every time. This time I learned if ya don’t have patience and perseverance ya got no business smoking meats.
You got a great deal!

Reactions: Dive Bar Casanova
I detest Walmart on philosophical and patriotic grounds. Nothing personal.
They opened 3 stores in our town, ran others out of business,, then closed two.
So much for monopoly laws.

Neighbor girl used to run, was the head of Warner Home Video. A major player in the DVD/Betamax/VHS market at one time.
"Walmart told us what they'll pay us for our videos and its that or nothing."

On the other hand a skatepark here had a cool name and cool t shirts. The owner was struggling keeping his doors open.
Walmart approached the owner for 240.000 shirts first order, then several more orders afterword.
Owner retired content.

Last edited:
It's an episode of Twilight Zone walking in there.
Did prefer Target because of the fine women shoppers, but Target went Bud Light on us.
Bingo. Target does have the babes but yes... they went goofy. Walmart not so much, and lets not even talk about Kmart :emoji_laughing:. I too loathe wally world, but money gets tight sometimes.

Bingo. Target does have the babes but yes... they went goofy. Walmart not so much, and lets not even talk about Kmart :emoji_laughing:. I too loathe wally world, but money gets tight sometimes.
Our kids love the Walmart take and bake Pizzas. Tastes varied I guess. Depends on what part of the USA you’re in. Different suppliers.

I like Stuffed Santa Barbara olives but they are $8 a jar. Santa Barbara Olives puts Walmarts label on their jars and I find the same olive for 2.79.

Jimmy Dean breakfast biscuits and breakfast muffins both with bacon or sausage with cheese and egg are a whopping $8.99 here.
Exact same product even the pictures on the box the same $2.99 at Walmart.

But ya gotta be careful. Small bottle of e Tron gas treatment $7.99 at Walmart, but $5.99 every place else. It’s the only stuff that works in my situations. The stuff is a day saver.

I may have to start watching for the shippin containers in the lot. Might be able to score some BBQ stuff at a good price. Like others have said, I'd rather lose a limb as to go to Walmart on the regular. But for some things I will armour up (at least in my neck of the woods) and venture in.

Jim

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky