How long would it take you?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danblacksher

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 15, 2022
Brandon, Mississippi
I was just looking at my written recipes, I have actually made, and realized if I cooked a different one each week it would take me almost 3 years to cook them all. lol How long would it take you cooking a different one each week to make it thru all your recipes?

Reactions: JLeonard
Books books and more books. Then how many have I saved on a stack of computers and tablets and phones? Not sure I would live that long.

Most of them I have read and saved because I read an idea or method I wanted to read up on or maybe even try..... anymore I am lucky to even have time to eat dinner.

I started keeping my recipes on my phone through an app called Recipe Keeper a few years ago. If I see something written down , or, on the internet that I would like to make, I copy it and save it to my phone. When visiting the inlaws, (3-4 times a year), I make it a point to go through my collection, scrub the list and organize it a bit more. This past weekend there is 1,245. This includes all categories such as BBQ, Main dishes, Side dishes, Desserts, Rubs, Marinades, Drinks ect. I try to incorporate new recipes into the weekly menu. And since I have SOOO many to choose from, I like to make them only once. But there are a few favorites that will appear over and over again. You can't just make Pulled Pork, BBQ Ribs or BBQ chicken thighs just one time.

I save all my recipes in MacGourmet including notes taken for each of my smokes. Like others, some are there for 'want to try'. I do keep the list somewhat culled out, eliminating those I've tried and do not care for. Regardless, at 1 per week I'm right up against 10 years worth of attempts. Guess I should adopt a more regimented culling process.

Reactions: Danblacksher
Paprika is the best app ever. Here's my count:

1690984366837.png

I was just looking at my written recipes, I have actually made, and realized if I cooked a different one each week it would take me almost 3 years to cook them all. lol How long would it take you cooking a different one each week to make it thru all your recipes?
I have never written down a recipe. I have a Sheldon-like memory. Plus recipes for me are merely suggestions and broad guidelines. and then there's google. My favorites are Jess and Cnristie! ( and Jeff.)

I lost my notebook awhile ago. Probably oughta start another, since I dont remember stuff so great anymore!

Reactions: jimmyinsd
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky