How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Pure excitement and creativity here.  I was a Hospital Corpsman in the Navy and a paramedic when I got out.  The Marines called me "Doc" and I was going to use that but it was taken.  So I went with Medic and '92 was the year I was licensed as a paramedic.  I've basically used that or some variation as my username or email address since the mid-nineties.

Living on the Lowtown Road, it came to me in about five seconds of thinking for a username yesterday.Having said that, my humour is that quick and witty I can assure you that anyone else would have took a lot longer to see what I did there. lol.   

RCH was the name of my cable install contract with then Adelphia to install digital cable. Name stuck and changed to Royal Custom Homes working with the ex. So, after 24 years in the Army infantry, teaching for a few years, climbing poles, arguing with the ex, I retired and divorced at 53, ditched the city life, the ex, kept the kids and built a home here on a Ridge overlooking the lake and never looked back. Home brew-meat smoking-. garden, all keep me busier then I was working!

RCH was the name of my cable install contract with then Adelphia to install digital cable. Name stuck and changed to Royal Custom Homes working with the ex. So, after 24 years in the Army infantry, teaching for a few years, climbing poles, arguing with the ex, I retired and divorced at 53, ditched the city life, the ex, kept the kids and built a home here on a Ridge overlooking the lake and never looked back. Home brew-meat smoking-. garden, all keep me busier then I was working!
Now we're talking... 
yahoo.gif
  Life is good....

bd

Went to school for Audio Production, enjoy writing fun lyrics and rhymes. Thought it sounded cool and as a Recruiter I dealt with chaos and change each and everyday. Didn't end up doing a whole lot with the Audio degree but I do enjoy collecting and utilizing audio equipment.

Wow "Burbot"...I haven't heard that species mentioned in some time.  At one time Lake Erie (my fishing stomping grounds) had a fairly good supply of "Burbot", at least this is what I am told.  Actually a few years back there was rumor that someone actually caught a "Burbot" in the Lake, I never confirmed that.  As we all know, fish have different names throughout, so not sure if our once Lake Erie "Burbot" are the same as you AK "Burbot", going to do some "Googling", but it was cool hearing the species mentioned.  Oh, apparently you are attracted to "rivers".

Lake Erie burbot look like the same fish as our Alaskan burbot to me... Kinda fun fishing for them through the ice (24 hr sets) during the winter... had to haul a gear sled about 1-1/2 miles, snow shoeing, and wear a head lamp ...days only being a couple of hours long, you'd start out at 'sunrise', to check/set your gear, and come back after 'sunset'.  Fun... 

Brian

Interesting.  I've done my share of "Ice Fishing" around here, mostly the local reservoirs.  The problem is we would have 2 or 3 years of good ice then 2 or 3 years of bad or no ice.  I just recently gave away my ice shanty and gave up the ice fishing.....but when I did, I did very little "tip up" fishing, mostly was a constant jig fishing and we would fish for walleye and crappie.  Using my smoker mostly for the winter run Steelhead we get up here.  Oh well, keep the burbot coming and enjoy the ice fishing.

One more note on the Lake Erie "Burbot".  I did a little research and apparently our "Burbot" population here in Lake Erie is alive and well.  Most "Burbot" fishing is done after Thanksgiving as long as we don't get a freeze-over.  Good spot is up at Presque Isle (Lake Erie).  Hey, I may have found a new "Winter Species" to go after, take care.

The Tanana River in Fairbanks has more burbot per mile than anywhere else on earth ...but it does get cold!  At -20 and colder, it gets really hard to get your gear into the river because anything that's damp or wet sticks instantly to everything else ...like your line freezing solidly to 24" of river ice inside the hole you augered in it.  All in a day... 

Brian

Friends of mine call me the "smoky meat man" and they enjoy coming over my house for dinner and hoping for something on the smoker. On occasion, they will buy the meat, whether its ribs, pork shoulder, or a brisket etc. So one day, and two or three times after that, my friends wife said "what kind of smoky meat are you preparing for us today?" and the husband said, "whatever it is, I know it will be dam good chow" and yes,,, I could go for some of that "smoky meat chow" now that you mentioned it. 

So everything I prepare for them now to them is "smoky meat chow"   kinda corny,,,but it stuck. They are very good friends though. 

Happy Smoking

Been a fan of gravedigger the monster truck since I was a kid. Made a personal Web page designed with pictures of the monster truck once I joined a missouri chat family and they ran across my personal page the founder of that group changd my Internet name to gravedigger well to set myself apart from other fans I changed some letters to numbers. Just bought my first smoker Masterbuilt dual fuel split door smoker. Will season it later this afternoon and smoke a Boston butt tomorrow......

have a few tattoos....arms/legs sleeved, back piece, wedding ring, vampire bite on the neck.....triple swirling 6's on the right hand.....

Hello all,

I have been wondering about everyones screen names. Some seem obvious, some seem off the wall, some are funny...etc....etc.. How did you come up with them? What is the story behind that name?

I guess I will start. A year or so ago, I was looking for some different ways to prepare venison. I was on the computer searching for recipes for what seemed like weeks. I would tell my wife, check this recipe out.......hey how about this one..........this sounds good to.
After a few weeks of this she said "all you ever talk about is Deer Meat, Deer Meat, Deer Meat". During this internet searching period I stumbled across SMF and lurked in the background for a day or so and then decided to join. As I sat there thinking of a screen name, I recalled why I was here in the first place and started to laugh to myself about what my wife said about me and the Deer Meat. So that is when the light came on and the name DEER MEAT was born.

If you read this I hope you are still awake, sorry for the rambling.

I thought this might be an interesting thread.
Do you ever BBQ venison?  Seems to me that it would run on the dry side, no?  I'm just curious... being a big fan of all things venison :)

Brian

I am originally from NZ,

PorknPuha is a sort of "boil up" Smoked Pork hocks and Puha (Maori for Watercress)

So................. I figured when I get the smoker up and running I will make some Pork and Puha.

Some people think Troutter is the name of my cat.  That is not true, his name is Carlos.  lol  My screen name came from my love of stalking big trout.

ZZR1200_2004.jpg
Well cause of this sexxy beast not my pic but the same bike ain't she sweet
. I'm that guy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky