How did you come up with your screen name?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Herbal of course!
icon_rolleyes.gif

Originally Posted by SMOKE FREAK
I dont know how long this thread has been around but I love it. Kinda crazy.
As for my name..... I think it comes from back in the seventies..... cant remember..... if you know what I mean.

You mean you were smoking FATTY'S way back then?

My normal screen name on other sites is "screen" because I own a screenprint, embroidery and promotional products business. It is who I am.

When I came to this site (last week) I thought I needed something new.
Well, my wife laughed at me when I told her I wanted to learn how to smoke meats. She laughs at me everytime I come back from a fish gathering and tell her about how the guys had me help cook this or that. I usually fry the potatos. No big challenge there. I tell her about the meals these guys prepare and she just laughs and says, "see! other men now how to cook and so what did you do?".
Well when I told here I wanted to learn how to smoke meats just like my fishing buddies. She said to find a good site and learn all I can and then she would be more then happy to work with me and we could do this together.
Thus, LINBRU. If we are going to work on this together then a screen name that combines us. Linda=LIN Bruce=BRU. I felt since she is an awsome chef(farm girl) she should get top billing.
Bruce

Interesting question....mine is from swimming in the pond and getting caught...no, seriously it was given to me by a customer of Muddy Pond Barbeque and i liked it so it has stuck like the mud here in central Tennessee.

yer in the right place. And *I* do all the cooking 'round this ranch. For over 20 years. Another 10 before that single. And STILL learn something nearly every day here.

I am an Illinois alum and the 89 bball team went to the final four and was nicknamed the 'flyin'illini' (89 is my grad yr) I use this name in another on-line forum and decided to use it here.

I used to have a dirt bike with a black gas tank on it. It was a Husqvarna, a Swedish bike. People call it a husky for short, like the dog. One day I was at a bike shop and a friend walked in said and hey theres a black dog in the back of your truck. The name kinda stuck. But the username blackdog is quite popular so I modified it. I like to listen to blues so I added it on. Besides when I ride I do a lot of crashing so blacknblue seems to fit real well.
Brian

Why "Fat Sal?" A couple reasons.

Sal *is* my real name. That part isn't made-up. But "Sal" alone is a pretty lame Q handle.

The only adjective I've ever heard accompanying Sal was "Fat." There was some mafioso named Fat Sal. There is also a Fat Sal's Pizzeria somewhere out east. But no "Fat Sal's BBQ Shack" anywhere.

I thought it sounded kinda funny. You know...like "Goldberg's Pizza" or "Lebowski's Chinese Takeout."

One thing's for sure. I'm not very fat. I weigh 138lbs--that's probably half the size of the average competive Q'r, I'll bet.

But don't be fooled. I eat like a 300 pounder.

Sal

Twistertail is the same name I use on a fishing site I'm a member of. For those of you who dont know, a twistertail is a fishing lure and its what I use about 90% of the time when I'm fishing.

Well I used to be a bartender and had many regular customers. Many new me by my name some by my last name only "Crownover" and some couldnt even remember that... It was a bar... So to help with the word association I told them Crownover like Crown-over-Coke and the name kinda stuck.

Being from down south Texas, we used to ask for directions and the old timers would always say Down Yonder A Ways when describing a distance. So we moved to Washington and when folks would ask how far something is, we would just say Down Yonder Aways. So it seemed like a good name to call the company, eventually someone will ask where we are located and we will just say DY aways..........

I have no imagination so I have always used my 1st name... being John it is not uncommon t be in a group of people & have more than one John So I added the 1st initial of my last name. I almost always use that & have become known by the name John D. anyway. When using letters only the name johnd is almost always already used so I added my zipcode to the end of my name.

Mine all started with Gramason.... calling his horseshoe pits..."Top of the Hill"... At my annual 4th of July Bash Gramason and Smokeys my pet and others were throwing horseshoes... eating... drinking... and broke a horseshoe in half during a game.... Gramason came up with the name shortly after and made the sign for the "shed-hangout"

the sign on the smoker:
says... Busted Luck Horseshoes Cold Brews and Bar0-B-Que Havre de Grace Maryland 21078

Mine started with my Great-great granddad who passed it down to my Granddad who passed it on to my dad then he gave it to me. I passed it on to my son and daughter just because it seems to be a family tradition.
icon_mrgreen.gif

I guess I fit into the boring category.
GGNUTSC is company issued. Way back when we started using PCs at work everyone was issued a login ID that is their first two initials and the first five letters of their last name. I've just used it for almost everything since then. Even my personal email at home.
I guess I'm saving my originality for the kitchen.

I know....It's sad, but true.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky