Honey, make some fireman chicken this weekend!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Been looking at recipes and most as well as the offical Cornell version shows poultry seasoning. Typo, omitted, or?
I'd have to look it up. Oddly enough, I went to grad school there for 5 years, and had never, ever heard of Cornell chicken.
I only discovered it after I'd moved away, and now I'm a big fan.

Reactions: zwiller
Nailed it Steve. Never did it with boneless skinless thighs. But they look perfect
Thank you!

I'd have to look it up. Oddly enough, I went to grad school there for 5 years, and had never, ever heard of Cornell chicken.
I only discovered it after I'd moved away, and now I'm a big fan.
If you went to a Fair, or bought a chicken from one of those parking lot set ups. Then you almost certainly had some. Just didn't know it!

Looks fantastic Steve, I lived in Ithaca for a year or so when I was really young. I don't know if it was around in the 60s, but even if it was I don't remember having it. That will change.

Point for sure
Chris

Ann was talking about Cornell chicken. She always forgets the name of it! Who am I to argue?

Took 2 pounds of boneless/skinless thighs. And had them soaking in the cornell sauce.
1 cup vegetable oil.
1 egg
2 cups apple cider vinegar
2 tbs salt
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp pepper.
Put in a bowl or large measuring cup. And mix well. You want the sauce to become white.
I use my boat motor.
Put in large zip lock bag and put in fridge for at least 24 hours.
I cooked it on the weber. couple minutes of direct heat for both sides. Then indirect until done.
Also threw some corn on the cob on the grill.
And salt taters on the stove.
No cooking shots. Sorry. Was enjoying the weather. And the beer!

View attachment 672274

If you never had this. I strongly encourage you to try it. It also works great with whole birds on a rotisserie. Or splits on the grill. The thighs work very well with their fat content. Very juicy and tender.
Those boneless skinless thighs are incredible. I use them also to make boneless wings. This marinade would do wonders for that.

Nice Steve! a new one for me and it is bookmarked. I need to make the Syracuse salt taters again. Really messes up the stove but so good!

Looks fantastic Steve, I lived in Ithaca for a year or so when I was really young. I don't know if it was around in the 60s, but even if it was I don't remember having it. That will change.

Point for sure
Chris
Thanks Chris! Cornell chicken has been around since the 40's I believe.

Hmmm, that makes more sense now! Because the Evinrude totally mutilated everything!
Lol!

Those boneless skinless thighs are incredible. I use them also to make boneless wings. This marinade would do wonders for that.
Thank you! Now, you have me thinking about wings for this.

Nice Steve! a new one for me and it is bookmarked. I need to make the Syracuse salt taters again. Really messes up the stove but so good!
Thanks! I use one of those screen splatter gizmos to keep the mess down.

Born and raised in rural NW Iowa, never heard of it. Looks fantastic I book marked this one and will definitely give it a try. Steve thanks for the recipe and inspiration.

Good stuff! We make it with cheap leg quarters. Takes a while but turns out great every time.
Never thought about boneless thighs even though we cook them regular. Gonna have to give that a try. Thanks for the idea Steve

Born and raised in rural NW Iowa, never heard of it. Looks fantastic I book marked this one and will definitely give it a try. Steve thanks for the recipe and inspiration.
Thank you! And you're welcome.

Good stuff! We make it with cheap leg quarters. Takes a while but turns out great every time.
Never thought about boneless thighs even though we cook them regular. Gonna have to give that a try. Thanks for the idea Steve
Thank you!

I tried this before but I think did not marinade long enough. Really did not get that much flavor from it. I going to do again this weekend and make sure I do it for 24 hours.

I tried this before but I think did not marinade long enough. Really did not get that much flavor from it. I going to do again this weekend and make sure I do it for 24 hours.
24-36 hours is the best length of time.

Anybody ever used this for pork chops?
I did once with a pork tenderloin. Wasn't bad at all. I cooked it on the rotisserie. I believe I posted that here somewhere. I think that it worked well with the tenderloin was because of the fat content it had. For chops. I'd be careful about keeping the IT around 140-145.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky