Homemade Fettuccine, Roasted Garlic & Broccoli Alfredo, & Sausage (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Add heavy cream, a little milk, Parmesan, Romano, and Mozzarella cheeses.
Robert, you had me right here! We love alfredo sauce and I add all sorts of things such as browned bite size pork loin or chicken, shrimp, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh corn, fresh green beans just to name a few.

Very nice, my friend...

That's a seriously awesome looking meal Robert. I'd cozy up to a plate of that any day. Great job. I'll have to say what others already know, homemade pasta is worth all of the effort. I have to ask, did your kitchen look like someone tossed a flour bomb in your kitchen when you were done making pasta? Mine sure did.

Robert, the pasta alfredo looks truly decadent like you said...and the jerky looks great also! Now that you're making homemade pasta, you could take advantage off all that extra starch and finish the pasta in your sauce. That sauce will cling to the pasta like hair on a gorilla!
Appreciate the accolades as well as the advice. I'll give it a shot next time finishing the noodles in the sauce. Sounds like a great idea. The beginner still has a lot to learn :emoji_wink:

Robert

You're off and running now . Gets better as you go along . Home made alfredo is addicting for sure .
So true, so true. I'm really looking forward to delving deeper into this. A little more practice and I think I'm gonna try ravioli. That should be a fun challenge.

Robert

Reactions: chopsaw
I love your posts. DIY pasta is the best and it’s so simple. That looks like a great meal. One of our Swedish exchange students added a bit of soy sauce to the Alfredo he made us. I pretty much decided he didn’t know what he was doing and probably ruined the sauce. I was going to have to pretend to like it. 😂 However, it added a layer of umami akin to a deep mushroom flavor that was subtle but did not taste of soy sauce at all. It was between a tsp-tbs. I now do that with any type of cream-based sauce I make. The kid knew what he was doing after all.
Thank you sir and a cool story. Don't know that I'd be up to trying it but if you say it's good, I might just have to give it a shot.

Robert

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Wow.. I would have had a hard time putting my fork down !! FANTASTIC !!!
Yes sir Mike, we had the same problem. I darn near ate myself sick. It was just so good I didn't want to stop eating.

Robert

Wow! You never fail to deliver! That is incredible, now my wife wants to make pasta🤣 That is so 5 star, your own pasta, sausage and sauce. I think you’re going to need a few milking cows if you ever want to elevate your plates any higher! Awesome as always Robert, crazy respect for what you do!
You are far too kind Jed, but I very much appreciate the accolades. If your wife wants to make pasta, I say embrace the idea and support her. Once done, you'll never buy grocery store pasta again. As for the cows, I'll take a zero on that one thank you. I don't need any more things to take care of around here :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Whoa, there's no looking back now Robert, that home-made meal is completely off the hook, great piece of work amigo!
The support is appreciated. you were the catalyst and my mentor...both for the pasta and the sausage. Those links were made with Cab versus water as you recommended long ago. That is a game changer!!

Robert

Very nice Robert. I know what you mean about homemade everything. I can’t get the wife to eat out much because, “They dont make it right”.
So true...so very true. We pretty much stopped eating out several years ago. Got tired of paying a small fortune for a meal only to come away disappointed.

Robert

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Daaaamn bud! That looks great! And. I'm. not. starting. another. cooking. venture. I. will. not!!!
Who's lying to who my brother? You know fully well you'll eventually start into it. Not a question of if, only a question of when. your thoughts mirror mine before taking the plunge...well I was shoved off the cliff by my SIL and a friend, and glad it happened.

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: Steve H
Looks and sounds like 5 star dining!! I sure do recognize that pan. Looks like the twin of my awesome Christmas present from you. I need to put it to work soon
Thanks buddy but it doesn't hold a candle to the stuff you turn out. As for the skillets, the only difference is that yours is brand new and mine has been used a LOT. I love that Demeyere cookware. Nothing out there compares to it.

Robert

Heck yeah Robert that looks amazing. Close up pic of the plate is money
Thank you mt friend but I'm still digging that Cajun / Creole dinner you have getting the ride right now. Mine doesn't come close to that one. Appreciate the kind words though.

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky