Homemade Fettuccine, Roasted Garlic & Broccoli Alfredo, & Sausage (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Man that would work Robert. Looks really great bud! I just had a craving for pasta and have some Chicken Spaghetti in the oven. Would love to see your Lasagna also.
Thanks so much Brian. Hope your chicken spaghetti came out well. I may post up the lasagna once Chop's thread has made the rounds.

Robert

YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME !!!! Dammnit Robert ... OMG .... WOWWWW... YUMMMM YUMMMMM... WHOLLY CRAP ... Just to say a few ...

That's over the top... GREAT JOB BUB... as usual ...
WOW!! That's some high praise and very kind words. Thank you so much.
On the Alfredo... just a lil of this.. a lil of that... and then some of this ?? No kind of measurements ??
That's about the size of it. I rarely if ever cook by a recipe. Pretty much everything is made up as I go along. In some instances I'll use a recipe as a guide to get something started then add some twists to make it my own but most stuff is just off the cuff.

Robert

I am saying the same thing, this place is killing me!!! fermenting, jerky, sausage and now pasta (my real weakness) and I thought cars and Jeeps were expensive???
Who's BS'ing who Cliff? We all know you're gonna do it, so just get out of the denial mode and make it happen :emoji_laughing:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: clifish
Robert, you had me right here! We love alfredo sauce and I add all sorts of things such as browned bite size pork loin or chicken, shrimp, broccoli, cauliflower, fresh corn, fresh green beans just to name a few.

Very nice, my friend...
Thanks so much Charles. I can certainly see a ton of options here. I've done it with braised pork and it came out really well. Gotta stay away from the shrimp and chicken though of Tracy is here. All the rest of that stuff is fair game though :emoji_wink:

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Now Robert you have stepped into an other category of foods and prep
All homemade items.
Looks fantastic, and a great meal all round
Very much appreciate the kind words David. I've been doing a lot of homemade stuff the past several years but seem to keep adding to the list. Maybe I just get bored too easily or maybe I'm just obsessed. Who knows...but I sure do enjoy it all.
You need to get a pottery wheel and kiln, start making your own dishes also lol
Not likely buddy. I'm dizzy enough already. Tried the wheel once in Jr. high school and fell out of my chair watching that thing go around and around :emoji_astonished:

Robert

• Haha
Reactions: DRKsmoking
I'd only put the fork down when I had scraped any speck of that goodness off the plate.
Great looking meal.
Thanks so much my friend and that was about where we were at. couldn't stop eating till it was all gone. A few noodles left but the sauce and bread were totally wiped out.

Robert

Reactions: JLeonard
That's a seriously awesome looking meal Robert. I'd cozy up to a plate of that any day. Great job. I'll have to say what others already know, homemade pasta is worth all of the effort.
Thank you Dave. It came out looking (and tasting) pretty darned good. I really enjoyed the process of going through the steps and watching it all come together. A little more practice is needed with the pasta machine though to get more consistent results.
I have to ask, did your kitchen look like someone tossed a flour bomb in your kitchen when you were done making pasta? Mine sure did.
Nope, not a speck of mess anywhere. I laid out a large piece of aluminum foil on the island and did all the work on the foil. When I was finished, crumple it up, throw it in the trash, and no mess at all. I've had a lot of practice making pizza dough though and have learned the pitfalls.

Robert

Who's BS'ing who Cliff? We all know you're gonna do it, so just get out of the denial mode and make it happen :emoji_laughing:

Robert
Easy there Robert, I just added a new Ninja air fryer, kitchenaid stand mixer set up and a slicer and that was just in the last 3 weeks...lol

BTW does your pasta machine make raviolis or do you just spoon out filling between two sheet of pasta and use the "roller" to seal?

Easy there Robert, I just added a new Ninja air fryer, kitchenaid stand mixer set up and a slicer and that was just in the last 3 weeks...lol
Jeez Cliff, you're on a roll. Why stop now?? :emoji_laughing:
BTW does your pasta machine make raviolis or do you just spoon out filling between two sheet of pasta and use the "roller" to seal?
I don't know of a machine that actually makes the raviolis. Typically from what I've seen the dough is made in sheets then laid into a pan with the cavities in it to fill the ravioli, then a second sheet of dough laid over top, and they are cut from there. I know that sawhorseray sawhorseray makes some incredible ravioli. Maybe he could chime in here. Being that I just started, I'm kinda behind the 8-ball on this one.

Robert

Reactions: clifish
Can't say much that hasn't already been said but totally looks delicious! And I'm totally loving that white gravy...alfredo sauce! :emoji_blush:
With all this home made pasta I might have to get the Kitchen aid pasta attachment out...nothing fancy but was fun to play with. Did you hear that clifish clifish and Steve H Steve H a cheap way to get started! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan

• Haha
Reactions: bauchjw
Can't say much that hasn't already been said but totally looks delicious! And I'm totally loving that white gravy...alfredo sauce! :emoji_blush:
With all this home made pasta I might have to get the Kitchen aid pasta attachment out...nothing fancy but was fun to play with. Did you hear that clifish clifish and Steve H Steve H a cheap way to get started! :emoji_laughing:

Ryan
Funny Ryan, I was just looking at that this afternoon as well as similar machine to what Robert has.

Reactions: Brokenhandle
Why am I not surprised? So what did you come up with?

Robert
Haven't picked anything or pulled the trigger. There are a ton of them out there LOL!
What's the brand of yours?
Funny, but the Mrs. has been binge watching "Master Chef" and they make their own pasta. When I mentioned that I wouldn't mind trying that I got "THE LOOK".
This morning when I mentioned it she didn't blink, but she had just ordered a new I-Pad :emoji_wink:

Jeez Cliff, you're on a roll. Why stop now?? :emoji_laughing:

I don't know of a machine that actually makes the raviolis. Typically from what I've seen the dough is made in sheets then laid into a pan with the cavities in it to fill the ravioli, then a second sheet of dough laid over top, and they are cut from there. I know that sawhorseray sawhorseray makes some incredible ravioli. Maybe he could chime in here. Being that I just started, I'm kinda behind the 8-ball on this one.

Robert
They do/did make a ravioli die/stuffer for the Atlas 150, finding plenty on Ebay slightly used for $30 range.....getting interesting. I really need to find a low carb pasta recipe before I pull the trigger on this new toy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky