Hey guys

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sdogg

Original poster
Aug 24, 2023
Hey guys, I'm from Toronto, Canada and currently living there. I got a bbq smoker and charcoal tandoor. I'm really into wood and charcoal cooking.
Just wanted to gain some insight on how to smoke meat better. I just love the smokey taste. I'm really interested in how to cure the meat after smoking which is something I don't normally do. Hope I can offer you all some insight as well 😊

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from Central Texas. You'll find the answers to about anything you'd ever want to know here.
. I'm really interested in how to cure the meat after smoking which is something I don't normally do.
I'm no expert by any means on cured meats but have done a ton of it. I'd think you want to cure the meat before you smoke it as opposed to afterward. Maybe our good friend Keith ( indaswamp indaswamp ) can shed a little light on that for you.

Robert

Welcome from Kentucky! As others have said, cure, then smoke, not the other way around.

Hey guys, I'm from Toronto, Canada and currently living there. I got a bbq smoker and charcoal tandoor. I'm really into wood and charcoal cooking.
Just wanted to gain some insight on how to smoke meat better. I just love the smokey taste. I'm really interested in how to cure the meat after smoking which is something I don't normally do. Hope I can offer you all some insight as well 😊
To my knowledge curing needs to be done before hand. The cure needs to be in the meat to prevent things like botulism caused by the meat being in an unsafe temperature for too long. I'm not sure doing it afterwards would prevent the bacteria.

MICHLITCHSPOKANESPICE MICHLITCHSPOKANESPICE , What would be the lowest percentage of salt you would recommend for a low salt sausage for people on a low salt diet? Also, if you replace some of the soium with potassium, what is the highest percentage of potassium you would recommend? Thanks.
That's a big question! I know I wouldn't have an answer for it.

Maybe a bit much for someone that just joined?

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky