Help with smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokin pop-pop

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Allentown Pa.
I am cold smoking for the very first time. I cured the bellies in TQ and brown sugar for 13
days . I pulled them yesterday and soaked did a fry test a put in the fridge uncovered till
this morning . I am almost all the way through my tube of hickory pellets and I don’t really
see any change in color of bacon. Is this normal or did I screw up somewhere?? ECEBD813-1E38-4F68-9E42-F329ED6C1DC6.jpeg

I doubt you screwed anything up. When the tube is gone just refill it and keep going. Lots of folks will pop the slab in the refer and bring it out the next day, or later, and start smoking again, sometimes over several days.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky