Help please

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokencure

Original poster
Aug 28, 2013
Ely
Hey Guy's

I have just brought a Bradley Digital Smoker, has anyone any advice please,

I have tried various types of smoker, with various results,

Real help is what I could do with.....Thanks

I'm not sure what kind of real help you are looking for, but the advice that I can give you is to buy yourself a good calibrated digital thermometer and go off of those temperature readings instead of the temperature gage that came with your unit. Practice and patience along with trial and error will help you master any device you own. Spend a good 5 to 10 minutes searching your smoker on the forums and read what others have experienced. If you are uneasy with using it, start with something cheap and forgiving like chicken thighs. That's just my two cents [emoji]128521[/emoji].
-Ryan

I don't personally know much about those Bradleys, but they look like good units. For advice that's specific to your smoker, you might try sending a PM to Disco, who is a trusted member around here and always willing to help out if he can. He has cooked a lot of BBQ on a Bradley.

Or, simply try a search using keyword "Bradley":

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/newsearch?search=bradley

Hope that helps...

Red

Smokencure,

I have had a Bradley Digital for about 3 years & like the unit. It does require some learning curve though. To start with the temp controller sensor is located on back wall about halfway up very close to rear wall. Controller turns off at set temp( say 220f) when temp reaches 220 & stays off till temp falls to 210f. This results in some overshoot on high side upon shutting off & also some undershoot when turning back on. This is ok with most smokes, but needs to be closer for sausage. If you want to make closer temp control, you will need a PID that the probe can be moved around in cabinet. Temp varies from bottom to top as well as left to right.

I rarely use bottom or top shelves if meat load will fit on 2 middle shelves. It is very helpful to use a separate oven probe in a Maverick or other after market thermometer. Temp will vary with probe above, below or to the side of meat. Hope this helps.

A G K

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky