Hello my name is...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Burnt Reynolds

Original poster
Feb 5, 2018
I've been lurking here for ideas for quite some time, I finally joined today to try to up my smoking game a bit.

I've been smoking meats for several years, starting out on a used charcoal bullet smoker and then a MES 30 that's about to move on to smoker heaven. Mainly, I've just been throwing meat on a smoker and learning as I go. I have a lot to learn, but I want to upgrade both my smoker and my ability to cook for large groups. During the summer we have several large gatherings of family and friends so this would be just for entertainment, not a business.

I got talked into doing some Boston butts for about 100 people this coming June, I've been so happy with my MES 30 that I'm thinking of getting the gas MES 44, any opinions on that smoker or tips for cooking for a crowd would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like a lotta butts.
Be sure to wear protection. :rolleyes:

Welcome to Smoking Meat Forums!

You've entered where the big dogs prowl. Several of these guys do big cooks.
I've even seen dual pigs!
And it looks mouth watering.

Yes to the bigger MES. But keep the 30 for smaller times, or to do two smoker runs.
I'm about to gragiate from my old ways of cobbled smokers and thinking electric, MES 30 with the Cold Smoker add on. I think that would give me the best of both of my desires. Cold smoke for Cheeses and Salmon, and have a real deal for bigger things.
I'm a small batch for most stuff. But I'd like to do ribs on my smoker.

Reactions: Burnt Reynolds
texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a muggy wet day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky