Hello from Minnesota

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beernuts

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 9, 2012
Blaine, MN
Hello. My name is Mark and I'm new here. I just purchased my first smoker, a MES 40, yesterday. The smoking thing has had my interest for quite a while but I just recently decided to pull the trigger on my own smoker. I spent a couple of hours today seasoning the inside and hope to get some food in it during the week. I'm going to have a lot if questions so please bear with me as I learn.

Hi Mark! 
welcome1.gif
to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! You've come to the right place, we have over 40,000 members and over 800,000 posts so you should be able to find almost anything you want to know. Remember the search bar at the top can be your best friend for finding answers fast!

Would you do us a favor and update your profile to include your location, Thanks!

You might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course it will teach you all the basics and a whole lot more!

Welcome to the SMF family. Let the very first thing you buy for your MES40 be an AMNPS. They are a life saver. Ill be lighting mine up tonight at 10pm. and it will keep the T.B.S. ( thin blue smoke ) rollin til around 7am. Im off work early tommorow so I want my picnic roast done in the afternoon. The AMNPS lets you sleep instead of adding chips every 40 min. or so.

Start with some Brats, hot dogs chicken legs things like that. I put $30 worth of Ribs my first time and they were nasty. Hard as a rock. After that I started following Jeffs step by step. Now they turn out great.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky