Hello from columbus Ohio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Jeffrowoodsy

Original poster
Dec 21, 2019
Hello everyone I'm Jeff from Columbus, Ohio new to smoking and I have an electric master build I have done a Turkey for thanksgiving and I'm going to do a pork butt day after christmas for my dad and saturday going to smoke a 12lb brisket any advise on any thing would be great

Welcome from another Jeff in Ohio, I’m hour and a half north of you in Willard. Pork butt is virtually indestructible. Pick a good rub, rub the butt with a thin coat of mustard or oil. Apply rub liberally as rest overnight. Now on cook temp you will get a lot of opinions. I’ve settled in on cooking them faster at 275F. When you stall at 160F cover it in a pan with a cup of apple juice or chicken broth. Throw it in a cooler zcooler when the meat hits 205F for about a half hour then pull. If you want some extra juice which I always do put a pan of chicken broth and spices under the butt. It will catch the drippings and smoke. It’s liquid gold to mix into the pulled meat.

Reactions: phatbac
Welcome to the forum! Im about 1hr 45min north west of Columbus. jcam222 jcam222 . Has you covered on the pork butts. Exactly how I do mine. Hope to see some of your cooks in the future!

Now brisket is another story. Lots of reading to do on that. It’s a much harder cook than pork butt. Trimming one is an art ive yet To master. I do inject mine. If your first one doesn’t come out great join the club :) Mine are ok now but something I’m still working on. I am a big believer in Butcher BBQ prime brisket injection.

Hello everyone I'm Jeff from Columbus, Ohio new to smoking and I have an electric master build I have done a Turkey for thanksgiving and I'm going to do a pork butt day after christmas for my dad and saturday going to smoke a 12lb brisket any advise on any thing would be great
Advice? Maybe some punctuation and elaboration? My drunken, tired butt is having a hard time figuring out what you're asking.

And Welcome from Nor-cal. Good bunch of people here @ smf, someones' bound to have an answer to any question you may have regarding your MES. You just need to ask, be specific.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky