Has anyone used royal oak all natural briquets?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

russmn

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Apr 14, 2016
I'e seen the hardwood lump royal oak but not this ? I bought 2 bags to try . 7.99 per bag
20180401_174708.jpg

All natural... Hmmm Didn’t know that there was any unnatural charcoal available. ... yuk yuk.
I’ve not used the stuff in the “natural” bag. Just the orange bag.
I’m a big g fan of RO. I use it and B&B exclusively. So I’d assume the All Natural type is good stuff.

Reactions: SonnyE
I have used the ridge line and its good briquettes. I don't know how different those would be but if I'm using the WSM I'm using RO lump for sure!

Happy Smoking,
phatbac (Aaron)

Reactions: bdskelly
I bet it's organic and gluten free too!They probably figure they can fetch $4 more a bag if they put "Natural" on it. I'll try it if I see it though.I use RO exclusively under its many names and have gone through 141 Lbs of it since last October.I Haven't tasted any ground up used tires in it or anything.:D
Have you used regular RO so you can compare it? If so,please do tell.

Reactions: bdskelly
I bet it's organic and gluten free too!They probably figure they can fetch $4 more a bag if they put "Natural" on it. I'll try it if I see it though.I use RO exclusively under its many names and have gone through 141 Lbs of it since last October.I Haven't tasted any ground up used tires in it or anything.:D
Have you used regular RO so you can compare it? If so,please do tell.

I have used lots of RO but never seen this or heard of it. I' glad I'm not the only one lol I couldn' find anything online either. I have several smokes comi g up this week so I'll let everyone know my thoughts

Reactions: motocrash
They may have removed the neutral limestone from the Ridge briquette and rebranded it "all natural." The only place I've heard selling it is Walmart. The Wally World closest to me does not carry Royal Oak anything. I REALLY want to test the all natural product. Have to find some first.

I find it interesting that the "all natural" is no where to be found on Royal Oak's Website. It is possible they are regionally testing consumer acceptance of the product.

Reactions: yankee2bbq
I broke away from my norm of using hard woods or Kingsford and used the Royal Oak this weekend. I was not pleased with its performance. I had a hard time keeping and maintaining my temps. The food came out great but it took a lot more work then what I'm use to. Guaranteed I won't buy it again.

I broke away from my norm of using hard woods or Kingsford and used the Royal Oak this weekend. I was not pleased with its performance. I had a hard time keeping and maintaining my temps. The food came out great but it took a lot more work then what I'm use to. Guaranteed I won't buy it again.

Hmmmm.... thats kinda strange. I can maintain temps from 120 to 375 with no issues. I just did a 12 hour smoke maintaining 145 with royal oak.

Brute was your charcoal damp? I love the RO
As far as I could tell, it wasn't damp. I thought it was strange as well. Usually when my reverse flow hits my desired temp, I shut it down and it does the rest. Can't really tell y'all what went on, just saying from my experience this weekend that I wasn't satisfied with Royal Oak's performance.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky