Grinder Question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Head was not warm, straight grinding, but we might be onto something with freezing the head knife and plate. I usually put these in the freezer when I put the meat in. That was 2 hrs. this time. I will try the fridge next time.

Thanks all!!!

I have a cabelas commercial grinder (1/2hp)... I just used it a couple of days ago and went straight to the fine plate 1st. No problems with the meat starting to harden in the freezer... Never once had to use the pusher and it grinded much faster than if I used the coarse plate first... which you would then have to use the pusher...

On the freezer and grinder parts idea, for me personally, I dont bother. My parts get almost frozen cold as the partially frozen meats pass through. You can see the iceing happening right on the exterior of auger housing almost immediately and they are room temp moments before it.

Also I spray all the parts lightly with cooking spray or food grade silicone before each session. I feel its easier to clean off meat residues, if any, and also creates a low friction ( less heat ) environment.

Side note , I feel foot pedal controls and grinders are a match made in heaven.
Good luck hope the problem is resolved!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky