Grilled stuffed poblanos

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
Picked up 6 poblanos at the store the store other day with the idea if making some stuffed poblanos.

Got home today this afternoon and fired up the grill. While that was heating up, hit the poblanos with a bit of olive oil and salt and pepper, tossed them on the grill to blister them so can peel the skins off.

Once blistered up into a plastic bag they go to steam a bit helping peel the skins.
20200730_172610.jpg
Poblanos are peeled, now onto the filling. 2 blocks of cream cheese, bag of shredded Mexican blend cheese and some cajun seasoning get mixed together. 20200730_172613.jpg

Next into a pan goes some ground chicken and in a pot, made up some Vigo Mexican rice. Season the ground chicken with the same cajun seasoning.

When rice and chicken are done, I let it cool a bit then added to the cheese mixture. I slit each of the poblanos and stuffed with the meat, cheese and rice mixture
IMG_20200730_174404_543.jpg

Back onto the grill they go to warm the filling and get the cheese good and melty. Maybe 10 mins max
20200730_174639.jpg

Pull from the grill when the cheese is ooey, gooey melty.

Served up just a couple peppers per plate. Bit of the heat and a little sweet from the poblano comes through mixing greatly with the filling. Definitely a keeper recipe.
20200730_175759.jpg

Ill try finishing them off in the smoker the next time I make them and have a cpl hours to smoke them up. Might also smoke some chicken thighs for the filling.

Not bad, not bad at all, nice job.
Looks mighty tasty Kevin.

I'm a bacon addict.
So I'd most likely have wrapped them in bacon too and smoked till rendered.

I've a bunch of Stuffed Pablano recipes listed.
They're awesome with just about any combo of meat, rice and cheese.

Thanks for the reply. Bacon wrapping has been mentioned as well. Chorizo and ground beef have also been mentioned and bet some pulled pork would work as well.

NEvpsMs.jpg

Reactions: forktender
View attachment 456324
That just makes me hungry all over again

Not bad, not bad at all, nice job.
Looks mighty tasty Kevin.

I'm a bacon addict.
So I'd most likely have wrapped them in bacon too and smoked till rendered.

I've a bunch of Stuffed Pablano recipes listed.
They're awesome with just about any combo of meat, rice and cheese.
What no Dungeness crab stuff Pab's? LOL!!!
A group of us spend opening weekend of crab season up in Bodega Bay each yr we have four boats and each boat puts out 10-20 big commercial crab pots in 250' of water by the end of the week and over 400 big purple back'd commercial grade crab later we are looking for new ways to eat crab. A few years ago I came up with Asadero cheese, scallions, roasted garlic, pimentos and mounds of fresh Dungeness crab stuffed into Pasilla's peppers....it's one of our go to recipes now, and they are to die for.

You can stuff damn near anything into Pasilla's and I'd dig them, they are my favorite pepper by far.

Those look awesome Kevin DeShazo Kevin DeShazo I'd tear a few up for sure.

Great job.
Dan

Now that really looks god to me!
We use poblanos in place of green peppers in a lot of recipes & I’m thinking Poblano abt’s might be an interesting combo!
Nicely done!
Al

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky